LucioV's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Solution choosen by "" not shown anymore on connect

Hi team, I've noticed that on solutions is not shown anymore who choose the solution; is this correct or is a bug?

Thanks!

Lucio

11 comments
Level 9

Re: Solution choosen by "" not shown anymore on connect

Hey @LucioV same thing happened with me more than 20 times but I never care about it. 

As you know more than me but I want to add few things here.

1. When you got an email that @@@ mark your reply as solution. It may be mistake made by the topic author. And he/she revoke the solution. 

2. Maximum numbers of time I see, when you reply to someone with your best. Sudden you found there are some info missing from your reply. You go for editing, in meantime topic author accept your reply as solution. You'll see the notification that @@@ mark your reply as solution. But when you complete editing there is no solution. 

Because you change your reply so solution lost. 

3. When topic author accept solution but any moderator found that it not a solution they revoke it.

But I think when a moderator accept solution no one can revoke it. 

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 10

@deepakjhicc wrote:

Hey @LucioV same thing happened with me more than 20 times but I never care about it. 

As you know more than me but I want to add few things here.

@1. When you got an email that @@@ mark your reply as solution. It may be mistake made by the owner. And he revoke the solution. 

@2. Maximum numbers of time I see, you reply to someone with your best. Sudden you found there are some info missing from your reply. You go for editing, in meantime author accept solution. You'll see the notification that @@@ mark your reply as solution. But when you complete editing there is no solution. 

Because you change your reply so solution lost. 

3. When topic author accept solution but any moderator found that it not a solution they revoke it.

But I think when a moderator accept solution no one can revoke it. 

Thanks @deepakjhic got these points! Never tried the second use case! Thanks for the info.

Anyway, i think something changed after the recent restyling of the platform, maybe they simply forgot the line code to show "solutions accepted by".

Level 9

@LucioV wrote:

Thanks @deepakjhic got these points! Never tried the second use case! Thanks for the info.

Anyway, i think something changed after the recent restyling of the platform, maybe they simply forgot the line code to show "solutions accepted by".

@LucioV @YES that is the point. Only in email you can see that @@@ mark your reply as solution.

Cc @TraciC @JeslynL 

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 9

In my opinion this correct 😊

Maybe just Moderators can see who mark the solutions @LucioV 😊

@LucioV wrote:

Hi team, I've noticed that on solutions is not shown anymore who choose the solution; is this correct or is a bug?

Thanks!

Lucio

Level 10

Level 10

@deepakjhicc wrote:

@LucioV wrote:

@LucioV @YES that is the point. Only in email you can see that @@@ mark your reply as solution.

Cc @TraciC @JeslynL 

Thanks, noticed now in the email!

Level 9

@LucioV definitely for me not Crazy 😊😁😊😁😁

Hahaha yeah I know that before we can see who mark the solution ,

what I mean. They remove this option for members and let just the Moderators to see it so when you will be Moderator you can see it 😊 , this is maybe ( maybe )

to not let members to investigate who make the solution mark , either the Post owner or Moderator 😊😁😊

@LucioV wrote:

Previously was shown along the solution post, if i'm not definitely crazy 😄

Level 8

Hi @LucioV, not a bug. They've removed it from the UI & I hope they return it back.

I care about who's the accepter, as there is a lot of solution are incorrect or not trusted solution or just to promote a post on that thread. if a moderator have accepted, the solution will be more "Trustable" for other users who are looking for an answer on the forum for their questions. For example me, I've disabled all notifications via email for LGC, so I'm not able to receive that notification via email to know who has accepted it. The email notification about the accepted solution will be to users who has participated in that discussion so not all users will know who is the accepter

Level 9

That's true @khammami , hope they bring this option back 😊

@khammami wrote:

Hi @LucioV, not a bug. They've removed it from the UI & I hope they return it back.

I care about who's the accepter, as there is a lot of solution are incorrect or not trusted solution or just to promote a post on that thread. if a moderator have accepted, the solution will be more "Trustable" for other users who are looking for an answer on the forum for their questions. For example me, I've disabled all notifications via email for LGC, so I'm not able to receive that notification via email to know who has accepted it