TriniCSI's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Signing into Connect

When I close the browser on the PC or when I go away and it goes to sleep I am still logged into my Google account and thats how I like it.

Except Local guides, it logs me out every time and I have to sign back in which is an inconvenience. 

Why is this?
Is there a setting I am missing on the platform but it tells me my session has expired. Well it didnt because I shut my browser but I am still using the Google platform in many other ways

Can anyone from Google help?

12 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 8
Solution

Re: Signing into Connect

@TriniCSI wrote:

No it has not solved the problem.

And please do not think we are all stupid, searching the forums and the help pages was completed before any posts were made so I DID save your time.

As it is I only have one account so that answer is useless to me

@khammami wrote:

Hi @TriniCSI, I hope this answer is what you're looking for. it would be better to search the forum before posting to avoid duplicating topic & save you the wait time.

Sorry @TriniCSI, I didn't mean that. It's just a tip to help find answers.

Local Guides Connect is not a native Google service. Your session will expire after 90 min of inactivity and it's a security feature as LGC is based on a third party platform(Lithium) that why you have to reconnect each time. even you're connected to your Google account you've to re-authenticate after your LGC's session expire. Unfortunately there is no settings for that. to confirm what I've said here what a Google moderator has said in this matter:

here a screenshot as you may have not the access to that private board.

2017-07-24_200024.png

View solution in original post

Level 9

Hie @TriniCSI

The link mention below will solve your all questions. 

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/No-need-to-login-everytime-you-visit-to-con...

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 8

Thanks @deepakjhic but it doesnt as I am using Chrome already, I am already logged into my google account but it still logs me out with "Session Expired" every time.

Anyone else have any ideas?

@deepakjhicc wrote:

Hie @TriniCSI

The link mention below will solve your all questions. 

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/No-need-to-login-everytime-you-visit-to-con...

Level 9

@TriniCSI Try two more things 

1. Update chrome 

2. Clear all data of Chrome. 

Login again. 

Press back button.

Close all app (chrome too) 

Open again Chrome. 

Follow the video mention in above link. 

Level 7

@deepakjhic Have you considered using other browser to login to connect and try to autosave your details for next time

Level 9

@Charleybaits wrote:

@deepakjhic Have you considered using other browser to login to connect and try to autosave your details for next time

In 17 Jan 17 I joined the LG program. Since that date my chrome never ask for password or username. So how can I consider other browsers in which my password is not safe? 

Level 8

Hi @TriniCSI, I hope this answer is what you're looking for. it would be better to search the forum before posting to avoid duplicating topic & save you the wait time.

Level 7

Oh! Its fine @deepakjhic I was only trying to suggest possible solution

Level 8

No it has not solved the problem.

And please do not think we are all stupid, searching the forums and the help pages was completed before any posts were made so I DID save your time.

As it is I only have one account so that answer is useless to me

@khammami wrote:

Level 8

tried that buddy Nothing seems to be working so I will just have to suck it up and get on with it.
thanks for your help

@deepakjhicc wrote:

@TriniCSI Try two more things 

1. Update chrome 

2. Clear all data of Chrome. 

Login again. 

Press back button.

Close all app (chrome too) 

Open again Chrome. 

Follow the video mention in above link.