davidhyno's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Show me the points! Show me the points!

Hi everyone, I would have an idea of ​​how to boost and improve the quality of photos uploaded to Google Maps: let people put a "like" on the photos they've seen.

Then Google can give extra points to Local Guides (ex +100 points when a photo reaches 100 likes) and other points each tot display (ex +100 points per 1000 views).

I think that by doing so Google can  stimulate and value even more the work of us Local Guides. And maybe give a +10 extra points for each 360-degree photo published!

What do you think of dear friends?

Have a good day, 

davidhyno

13 comments
Level 10

Re: Show me the points! Show me the points!

Dear @davidhyno

You can put your idea on Feedback and feature request section.

Personally I like your idea about adding a like button on a photo. This will help to evaluate which photo is best among the photos. But I don't like your idea about giving additional points based on photo likes count. People from all the place do not get the number of likes. Because liking on photos will be high on popular places and most visited places. Our LGs are around the globe and not all places are equally popular. There are still a places on world where internet is not feasible for all. So this will force the LGs from remote area to stay low in points. One can not judge all the photos around the globe depending on the likes they got. The same parameter can not be applied everywhere.

Giving extra points for 360 photos will be good.

Thank you so much. 🙂

Level 7

More Points for Better Contributions

As I've read through several discussions on this LG Forum, it sounds like many contributors are out to make a difference in their community. This is great and I feel the same way, but I started thinking about how users can be rewarded with better reviews or more thoughtful contributions. This would ensure that someone who took the time to write a review or take a better photo would receive more points than someone who is just out to get as many points as possible in the quickest amount of time. 

I would suggest that Google implement additional factors into their current points system. For example, +5 points for someone marking your review as helpful or +5 points for every 5,000 views on a photo. I think this would help local guides who take more time to post something meaningful to rank up quicker. What does everyone else think? Is there anything you would want to see changed in the current point system?

Level 6

Re: More Points for Better Contributions

This doesn't sound like a bad system to me. I was concerned you were going to suggest additional points on a word-count basis (you'd end up with redundant redundancy in people's posts!). 

But yeah, a way to reward provenly helpful contributions would be a nice addition!

Level 10

No, please, as i recently noticed, this is already a no sense reace.... i saw lvl 10 LG with tons of duplicated and no sense photos. I think that adding some other points to contributes will be too much! 🙂

Level 9

@LucioV wrote:

No, please, as i recently noticed, this is already a no sense reace.... i saw lvl 10 LG with tons of duplicated and no sense photos. I think that adding some other points to contributes will be too much! 🙂

@LucioV Totally agree with you. 

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 7

@deepakjhic @LucioV thanks for your reply!

I understand your point of view on non-sense contributions. While my suggestion doesn't directly deal with that issue, it at least gives more points to those who take the time to make legitimate contributions and not just 10 word reviews or duplicate photos. It wouldn't exacerbate the issue that you brought up any further.

Level 10

@its_miguel wrote:

@deepakjhic @LucioV thanks for your reply!

I understand your point of view on non-sense contributions. While my suggestion doesn't directly deal with that issue, it at least gives more points to those who take the time to make legitimate contributions and not just 10 word reviews or duplicate photos. It wouldn't exacerbate the issue that you brought up any further.

I'm not sure there is a way to stop poor contributes, but i think that any chance to obtain more points could be abused! There is no way to understand if a 10 word review is a fake review and doesn't deserves more points.

Anyway, these are only my thoughts, and any suggestion in the direction of a better point system is appreciated 😉

Level 10

Show me the points! Show me the points!

Hi everyone, I would have an idea of ​​how to boost and improve the quality of photos uploaded to Google Maps: let people put a "like" on the photos they've seen.

Then Google can give extra points to Local Guides (ex +100 points when a photo reaches 100 likes) and other points each tot display (ex +100 points per 1000 views).

I think that by doing so Google can  stimulate and value even more the work of us Local Guides. And maybe give a +10 extra points for each 360-degree photo published!

What do you think of dear friends?

Have a good day, 

davidhyno

Level 10

Re: Show me the points! Show me the points!