LyndaH's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Sharing reviews on WordPress; how to get the preview to show?

Hi!
First and foremost, I LOVE the new feature of being able to share our reviews. Thank you very much Google. 🙂 

However, I would also LOVE to be able to show them off on my self-hosted blog on WordPress. Unlike Facebook or other social media, when I use the share option from the review on Maps, it doesn't show a preview. It just shows the link. How can I get it to show a preview?

This is what it looks like on Facebook:
How a shared review looks on FacebookHow a shared review looks on Facebook

And this is what it looks like on Wordpress:

What a shared review looks like on WordpressWhat a shared review looks like on Wordpress

Any ideas on how to get the WordPress presentation to look like the Facebook one?

Thank you very much,

Lynda

3 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 10
Solution

Re: Sharing reviews on WordPress; how to get the preview to show?

Hi @LuisRG, I guess what would be needed for @LyndaH's feature request is to make these (individual) reviews embeddable (just like you can embed a map, a photo or photo sphere from Google Maps). 

Also, I think for (small) businesses, embedding the whole list of reviews would be extremely useful. Something like it appears with a tourist attraction in my town in Google Search. (I could go on with embedded meta data and structured markup but I think it would go too far.)

View solution in original post

Former Google Contributor

Thanks for the feedback @LyndaH. It's great that you're loving this feature. We'll pass it along to the team 🙂

Local Guides Community Program Manager
Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. Thank you.
Level 10
Solution

Hi @LuisRG, I guess what would be needed for @LyndaH's feature request is to make these (individual) reviews embeddable (just like you can embed a map, a photo or photo sphere from Google Maps). 

Also, I think for (small) businesses, embedding the whole list of reviews would be extremely useful. Something like it appears with a tourist attraction in my town in Google Search. (I could go on with embedded meta data and structured markup but I think it would go too far.)

Former Google Contributor

I'll pass along that suggestion @Csaba about embedding the whole list of reviews 🙂

Local Guides Community Program Manager
Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. Thank you.