SafeerKhaan's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Re: Sharing Google Photos on Google Maps

I have been uploading pictures that are more than 10 year old, on my gmail account that's not my Local Guide account; directly from google photos. Here is the solution which would not work on laptops,

1. Select the pictures in google photo app which you want to upload on maps.

2. Click The Share button.

3. Select the option "Add to Maps", this will open Google maps.

4. On top it will either auto select the location or click on the drop down to select the location of the picture.

5. Click the arrow button on top right.

And that's it, it will automatically upload pics from your photos account to your maps.

Level 10

This feature is recommended. It should be easy to share from photos to maps on the desktop version. The current add photos feature on Google Maps doesn't detect all the available photos in Google Photos.
Level 10

Hello @LuisRG , I think this is the most recommended feature on Google Maps and Photos. Because not all the uploaded images on Google Photos have geo tags.

The current "add photos" feature on Google maps cannot detect all the pictures on Photos.

Most recommended featureMost recommended feature

Level 10

Yes @Ankit

I think this feature is available!

Add, Edit, Explore More ! || Google Maps Contributions || Gujju Local Guides on G+
Level 10

Level 4

I walked for a mile on the Larry Scott trail collecting photos with embedded geo location. I'd like to contribute photos along the trail, but on the web at least, from maps / contribute, it never offers me the chance. 

It finds a few photos near the trailhead that it misidentifies with the grocery store 1/5th mile away, but it doesn't offer me the opportunity to collect photos from any other point along the walk. So photos of old pilings, of a stable, of mile markers, of the paper mill, of the harbor, all those photos will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

How do I transfer the whole kit 'n' caboodle?