cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Send feedback button in Google Map app

Hello all,

I wanted to suggest about the feedback button in the Google Maps app

So basically there are 4 option if you click on send feedback button as below image Screenshot_2017-03-07-00-18-36.jpg

So as per the image there are 4 option from which 3rd option called "send app feedback"

If I click that and I type a long feedback regarding app and press "home" button on phone due to some reasons or I think to continue that later, the app won't save that as draft nor keep it, when I come back to Google maps the thing is gone 

Where as other 3 options in "send feedback" saves if you go home and come back the things won't go 

This is because I wrote a long feedback in Google maps app and when I needed a screenshot I pressed home button in phone and got the link of screenshot and when I came back to attach it the whole thing which I wrote was gone and the app opened with default map page 

I would recomend to make some changes where if someone press home button during writing feedback, the contest should be present if the map is not erased from home page

Thanks for reading this 

I can provide more information if someone ask, or elaborate what I exactly mean

Thanks!

3 comments

Accepted Solutions
Googler
Solution

Re: Send feedback button in Google Map app

Hi @Yash. There is no way to expand it but I recommend submitting feedback on that as well to Google Maps. We share feedback with the Google Maps team but it's best to submit directly through the app. Thank you. 

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.

View solution in original post

Googler

Hi @Yash. Thanks for sharing the feedback which we'll pass along to the Google Maps team. I also recommend sharing Google Maps feedback directly in the app or on desktop, too. 

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Level 8

Thanks @TraciC, for reply, I have forwarded the issue in feedback of Google maps, I also wanted to let you know about another problem when I write suggestion/feedback 

So basically when I write feedback 

The chat box which I write is too small and it shows me hardly 1 line, I need to scroll up to read above text 

The following is the image which will show what exactly happens PicsArt_03-07-10.20.04.jpg

So as per image the chat box where I am writing is very small which is not convient for people to see the above text which they wrote earlier 

Or is there any way to expand it ?

I have found this issue on my phone, I have not tried in other, but probably it might be same, I can provide further information if needed or make a new thread if someone ask me 

Thanks!

Googler
Solution

Hi @Yash. There is no way to expand it but I recommend submitting feedback on that as well to Google Maps. We share feedback with the Google Maps team but it's best to submit directly through the app. Thank you.