DKM3's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Seasonal Hours

Hello, I live in seasonal tourist destination and during the fall and winter most businesses close. Many people have tried to create a database of the few businesses that do stay open in the off season and failed. How do I request that Google add seasonal hours as an option when editing information on Google Maps and/or for businesses to provide on My Business. 
THANK YOU

DKM3.CC
Provincetown, MA, United States
13 comments
Level 8

Re: Seasonal Hours

Hi @DKM3,

Due to the countless requests for a more flexible format of Business Hours to suit different needs, Google must be well aware of those requests.

However, there is no announced change plans regarding the Business Hours.

Level 8

Thanks for responding. I just want to reiterate how much of an impact this would have on my community.  Many of the features of Google are essentially useless without some way to differentiate what is open and whats not. 

DKM3.CC
Level 8

Hi @DKM3,

Given the situation, the best way for the business to list their correct business hours will be joining Google My Business.

As Business Owner, they can adjust their own Business Hours and will got published to Maps much faster then those edited by us LGs.

Thus they can have a more accurate Business Hours listed in the Listings in Maps.

Level 8

There are regular patterns in the hours of many places that won't change, they just cannot be described with the one week calendar.

As this is the suggestions page, I raise my hand as well, count me in. 

I have added places that are closed for the summer like theatres and schools, others have their off season during the winter. There are open place institutions that are closing when the sun sets, so their opening hours are different for each month. Changing it every time is not the best solution.

I think adding a photo with a sign is one thing we can do, and I am waiting for Google to introduce a mire complex way to store and display opening hours.

Level 7

@DKM3 I like your idea. How about adding a 'seasonal' checkbox. If a user ticks it and click on the 'next' button, he/she will be redirected to the next screen asking to input dates range 'from - to'

1476798371586.jpg

Level 8

The topic of Seasonal hours was discussed & solved in this thread:

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/How-do-I/Different-openhours/m-p/52460#M3578

If your question has been answered, please use the button on the most helpful reply to mark it as the accepted solution. This helps other users find answers in future. Thanks!
@jlasolis tuclavelocal.com
Level 8

Hi @DKM3, I've requested for the same and learned about the Google My Business.

As for seasonal hours, business owners can already set these if they have claimed their business on Google Maps. Its a free process and lets them control their full listing, add seasonal hours, and even reply to reviews. For more information, check out Google My Business.

Sovon Biswas • Level 8 • Community Moderator • Love to- Travel, Photography, Mapping • Google Fan
Level 10

I don't see what's best about it.  The value of GM is that it's useful to the user, the "customer", so that they will want to use it whether the business owner is interested or not.

SampsonF wrote:

Hi @DavidM,

Given the situation, the best way for the business to list their correct business hours will be joining Google My Business.

As Business Owner, they can adjust their own Business Hours and will got published to Maps much faster then those edited by us LGs.

Thus they can have a more accurate Business Hours listed in the Listings in Maps.

Level 8

Hi @HansPG,

Google Map is not perfect, and there is only so much we LG can do to help Business to represent them in Maps.

Like I said, if the Business owner is interested to have a better representation about their seasonal hours, them joining GMB, which is a free service, is the best option for them.

But if the Business owner is not interested, then until Google Maps is having more options for LGs to input Business Hours, then submit an edit when the Business Hours changed is the only option for us LGs.

Please feel free to tell what is the best we LG can do given the current situation.  It does not preclude the need to improve the current situation.