sameenasanjay's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

SUGGESTION OF ADDING A FEATURE OF (SEARCHING INTRODUCTION BY NAME) IN THE SEARCH ENGINE.

SUGGESTION OF ADDING A FEATURE OF (SEARCHING INTRODUCTION BY NAME) IN THE SEARCH ENGINE.

Good evening friends and Moderators!

I wanted to read the introduction of many  of my Connect friends with whom l had made friends by typing their names in the SEARCH ENGINE yesterday, but did not get any results, hence l thought of sharing this idea/ suggestion with all of you.

IF FEASIBLE ,IT WILL BE GREAT IF WE CAN ADD THIS FEATURE OF FINDING OUR FRIENDS INTRODUCTION BY JUST TYPING THEIR NAME IN THE SEARCH ENGINE OF CONNECT FORUM.

THIS WAY IT WILL BECOME MUCH EASIER TO FIND AND READ OUR FRIENDS INTRODUCTION ON CONNECT FORUM, IMMATERIAL
 OF HOW OLD AN INTRODUCTION WAS POSTED ON CONNECT FORUM.

SECONDLY BY READING EACH AND EVER BODY'S INTRODUCTION ON CONNECT, WILL DEFINATELY STRENGTHEN OUR WORKING BOND ON CONNECT

Lastly l would like to mention that all this suggestion of mine is solely based on my experience on Connect and can be thought of implementation only IF FEESIBLE.

Thank you very much !

Warm Regards!
Sameena Kausar
Indian Air Force

1 comment
Level 8

Re: SUGGESTION OF ADDING A FEATURE OF (SEARCHING INTRODUCTION BY NAME) IN THE SEARCH ENGINE.

Hi @sameenasanjay

I can see that a direct link to every-ones intro post would be a helpful social feature to add to connect that could be easily achieved by the admins of this platform with a custom field in our profiles.

However, I had no problem locating your Introduction by using the advanced search options of Connect:

Step 1: Specify the Author filter with the username of the person you are trying to find.

Step 2: Specify the Location filter by selecting  Connect with other Local Guides >> General Discussion

Step 3: Type "Introduce Yourself" in the search box.

Step 2  is probably not even necessary but might ensure a "cleaner" search result.

Alternative Search on Google!

I typed: "Introduce Yourself, Sameena, Localguidesconnect.com"

The first four results were all links to posts by you on Connect, including the one to your introduction.