KateR's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 2

SCARY email breach of privacy

Hey, I recently received an email which said "Thanks for adding photos to Google Maps" and then in the body of the email they included three photos I took last weekend... which I did NOT add to google maps! I checked in "My Contributions" under photos and they don't appear there, but now I don't know what to trust -- was the email right and the web interface wrong? is Google taking my private photos and posting them publicly on Google Maps without my consent?

4 comments
Googler

Re: SCARY email breach of privacy

Hi @KateR. I'll reach out to you with contact information for the team so someone can secure additional information. Thank you. 

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Level 1

@TraciC wrote:

Hi @KateR. I'll reach out to you with contact information for the team so someone can secure additional information. Thank you. 

Level 3

This happened to me, too!  What can I do about it?   How did it happen?  Anyone at Google?

Googler

Hi @SeanP. A member will reach out to you privately to secure additional details. Thank you. 

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.