Tula's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Retail Pharmacy Category

Hi guys, I have been trying to add retail/ community pharmacies in my area but when i try to look up for pharmacy in the category, i don't see retail or community pharmacy, i only see homeopathic pharmacy, organic pharmacy, wholesale pharmaceutical but none of these fit the retail or community pharmacy category, it is very strange. I saw some other people post the same question but i don't see a solution. And here in Tanzania we don't use the word drug store.

Thanks.

Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
8 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Retail Pharmacy Category

Hi @Tula it depends where you are. You might have Pharmacy, Chemist or Drug Store. The categories are different for different places.

Level 8

Hmmm, i didn't try Chemist, but we don't use drug store here. We use Pharmacy. No one in Tanzania would understand what a drug store is. Hmm

Connect Moderator

Hi @Tula

The list that you are mentioning is probably due to the "creativity" of Map Makers. Giving an overdetailed categorisation don't add any benefit to the search, while the simple "pharmacy" category will make the search easier

Level 10

@Tula Does "Drug Store" show up for you? If so, then you should use it. Google is always changing what the category says to better match the country. So even though it will probably say that today, they'll definitely fix it for Tanzania in the future.

Drug Store, Pharmacy, Chemist, and none of the synonyms show up for me. And Thailand has lots and lots of pharmacies. So I wish they would fix it so I could fix the pharmacies that are in the wrong category, or so I could add pharmacies that aren't on Google Maps.

Level 8

@JosephDewey Drug store doesnt show up, just wholesale drugstore sadly. Is there a place where we can give recommendations for adding more entries into the categories?

Level 9

Hello @Tula try Chemist. Hopefully its gonna work.

Level 10

Level 8

Chemist is there. I think that's the closet to a pharmacy it can get for now. Thank you.