JosephDewey's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Request to increase picture size limit on Local Guides Connect

I have a Pixel phone. The size of picture that it takes is usually about 4-5 MB. I really think that Local Guides Connect should allow for upload of pictures that are at least the size that the Google Pixel phone takes.

In this post, the Solution says that you're not going to increase the size...

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Feedback-and-Feature-Requests/Larger-photo-size-limit/m-p/9960...

But, I think that a good compromise would be to allow upload of up to 6MB, but then when storing, scale the picture back down to 3MB. And, I think that to really make this website excellent, then we'll need to allow for upload of high quality photospheres, which would be about 8-11MB, but that's a topic for another day.

1 comment
Connect Moderator

Re: Request to increase picture size limit on Local Guides Connect

Hi @JosephDewey I think the idea of scaling the images down is a reasonable one, after all Maps does it. Generally speaking you wouldn't even need to upload the big image, the resize could happen locally in JS executing on your device/browser.

If you are a Trusted Street View photographer you can IFrame in a photoshere hosted outside the platform by editing the html of the post but I think it's limited to SVT people.

Regards

Paul