_ali's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Reporting a Local Guide

Hi @BruceDM 

I would like to report a local guide who has been spamming locations with irrelevant photos in order to get points. 

He’s posted more than 8000 photos. 

9 comments
Level 6

Re: Reporting a Local Guide

He wants to be selected, its just 2 days away you know 😁😁😀

Level 6

Two days away from what? 😅

I’m kinda new to this. 

Level 6

Selection for google connect live. It's on the 20th of June for those to attend the conference in October, the more posts and interaction you have here, the better your chance og getting selected.  So in a bid to be recognised and selected, some people have been overboard with postings. 

Level 6

Ohhh 😮 Well thanks for the clarification! 😁

Connect Moderator

Thanks for reaching us. @_ali, and for the help in keeping Google Maps clean

Looking at your post, it seems you already know about how to report a Local Guide: How to identify and report fraud on Google Maps

As this seems to be one of your first post in here, I take the opportunity to give you some information to know how to interact with the community:

• Need Help?: The help area give you a lot of solutions if you need to "know how to ...."
    • Explore the Forum menu, to see what the various sections are about. You will find many interesting parts regarding, for example, meet-up, or photographic technique.
    • Give to the post a descriptive title

As an extra tips, i would suggest you to Search the community before posting as the same subject can be already being discussed.

Welcome again, I hope to see you soon 🙂

If, like you say @Mooyyoo, someone is thinking that tricking the game can be a solution for being selected in CL18, this is a wrong way to proceed, because all the contributions af the people that applied for CL18 for sure has been checked carefully

Ermes

Level 6

Good to know the system can't be tricked. 

Level 6

Well thank you @ErmesT !

But I still didn’t not get a response concerning reporting that user 😬. I am supposed to get a private message right? Or did I just not understand how to proceed? 😅 

Connect Moderator

Before to send you any private message, Googler want to be sure that the procedure is clear for you, @_ali

This is what you can find at the post that I linked to you:

.::Reporting a Local Guide

If you've found a Local Guide contributing content or behaving in a way that seems to violate our policies or Local Guides program rules, let us know here on Connect—but be sure not to share that person's information publicly. Create a post about the issue and tag a Google Moderator. The team will reach out to you via private message with instructions on how to proceed further.

Let me tag a Moderator for you, @NadyaPN

Former Google Contributor

Hi @_ali,

Thanks for reaching out. You will receive a private message in a second. 🙂 

@ErmesT, thanks so much for tagging me!

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!