BillStreeter's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 2

Reporting a Local Guide

I can't seem to find an answer to this. I have a guy who is using two different google accounts to harass me and my clients. He has left a bad review for my business and is now looking up every one of my client businesses to leave bad reviews for them to retaliate against me for some perceived (false) harm I've caused him. So far he has left the following reviews and is continuing to leave more: 

[Links removed]

I can find no way to report this abuse. I have flagged the reviews for review but none of them have been removed yet. And in reality the individual reviews aren't the problem as much as this user is abusing the review system. I guess he's like a reverse spammer. What else can I do? 

St Louis, MO, USA
41 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: Reporting a Local Guide

Hey @BillStreeter,

Welcome to Connect and thanks for raising this with us.

I will contact you over private message to tell you how to report a Local Guide.

Please note that I had to remove the links you have provided due to privacy concerns.

Thanks!

Georges

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators

View solution in original post

Solution

Hey @BillStreeter,

Welcome to Connect and thanks for raising this with us.

I will contact you over private message to tell you how to report a Local Guide.

Please note that I had to remove the links you have provided due to privacy concerns.

Thanks!

Georges

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators
Level 2

I understand that I won't be notified when a notification of what the resolution is (for privacy purposes) But will I be notified when the complaint has been reviewed? My lawyer says that I can probably get a judgement against this individual which should force Google's hand in the situation but I'd really like to avoid the expense of legal fees to do that. Since my original post he has continued to contact and write bad reviews of my clients due to a grudge he as against me that has nothing to do with their businesses at all. I really can't understand why Google would let this stand as this kind of libel can really do terrible harm to a business. 

Level 7

@GeorgesHR could you kindly contact me, I would like to report a guide with an inappropriate guide name as well as an offensive avatar picture. Thanks!! 😄

Hey @Jesyshore,

Thanks for reaching out.

Please check your Private Message inbox.

Best regards,

Georges

Level 3

@GeorgesHR can you please contact me as well. I would like to report a local guide. Thanks.

Level 6

Call google support, they should take care of the problem. And is there a block option?

Level 2

@GeorgesHR

Hi Georges,

Would you also be able to send me a private message so I can provide you with details on a particular guide?

Thanks!

Level 8

Hi @GeorgesHR

I would like to report an irrelevant review for a place. I've reported it a few times but it's still not removed.

Could you please contact me?

Level 2

Please message me, as I have a contributor who is trolling businesses.