LeslieB's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: Remove multiple photos in Google Maps

Sure @JeroenM works on the other side, and I gave this suggestion somewhere, starting from Archive. But it's really dangerous and, of course, could affect the total views number as @ErmesT wrote: so it's better to do when the uploads are *fresh* 😉

Best wishes for 2018!!

Level 7

Hey Ermest, I'm having the same issue -- Today I tried to upload bunches of photos from a couple vacations to Google, through the "contribute" tab. I got several server errors when trying to upload big batches, so I cut it down into smaller batches and did it again. Now, I have 2 or 3 of each photo under my contributions, each with seperate view counts. I'm not trying to game the system at all - it just happened due to those server error messages. Anything I can do besides delete 100's of photos individually?

Level 8

Issue:

*Edit* Just got to images which have been triple uploaded 🙂

+1 @FrancM and @LeslieB on this feature request. Just double uploaded 161 photos from my Google photos over the past 6 months and have to go back and delete the duplicates one by one. I'm alright losing the points and views... just hope there's either going to be an easier way to delete the duplicate photos or a batch delete option.

Feature Request

Addition of "Delete multiple images" option in the hamburger menu. Once the option is selected, a tab will slide from the bottom with two buttons for "Confirm" and "Cancel". Clicking "Confirm Batch Delete" will call a pop up tab to confirm the deletion.

Suggestion: Add a delete multiple images in the hamburger menuSuggestion: Add a delete multiple images in the hamburger menu

@ErmesT

Connect Moderator

This is an interesting option @RobAo, thanks for sharing.

@RobLariviere, sorry for missing your reply, as you were not tagging me.

Well, the option of removing photos from your folder in the archive is quite dangerous, because if you make a mistake the risk is to loose important contributions

Ermes

Level 7

@ErmesT -- no problem, that was my first post in the forums so I didn't quite get what was going on. I went back and individually deleted my dupes -- now I am only uploading in batches of ten or less, or doing it completely via my pixel -- to avoid the server error issue I encountered in my PC.

Thanks for the reply.

Connect Moderator

Level 7

I had the same issue as described: I tried to upload about 175 photos. i got server errors a few times. when I look again, I see multiple uploads of the same image. 

I tried going through and deleting, but often it is unsuccessful, especially on the first time through - coincidentally or not, often for those which already have 5+ views. does that make a difference?

I would like to give feedback to the google guides team so if there is an additionally place to do that, I would suggest making that clearer in the web page...since I didnt know where else to go but here on connect.

Level 6

Hey guys

I have the same issue. I Want to delete multiples pictures from Google Maps but there is no button for that.

@ErmesT is it possible to add a feature like in Google Photos where you click the pics, they get a blue arrow showing they are selected and then tap top right corner "Delete photos"? In Photos you can also select the first one + Ctrl or shift + the last you want to delete and all in between get selected.

Best regards,

André