LeslieB's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Remove multiple photos in Google Maps

I added multiple photos in Google Maps to contribute to the local guides.  When I attempted to upload them, I received an error stating that the server was unavailable and to try again later.  I tried 3 additional times.  Consequently, I reviewed my contributions and I had multiples of the same photo.  There are over 100 pictures out there and it looks like the feature only allows for deleting pictures one at a time.  Is there a way to delete the multiple duplicate pictures?  Thank you.

27 comments
Level 10

Re: Remove multiple photos in Google Maps

@LeslieB You can login to Google Photos site with the same account you used to upload images and delete multiple photos. 

You can read more about this in Google Photo help.

Level 6

I double checked in Google Photos, but it was not linked to the photos posted through Google Contribute.  The only location where I can view the pictures publicly shared was on the Google Contribute Photos section.  There is no feature located there to delete multiple photos that I've shared.  Thank you for your help.

Level 3

None of my contributed photos show up in Google photos....

Level 3

I have the same problem 😞 might be an iOS limitation. Bummer. 

Level 4

I think you can click the place of editing then see what options will come Especially in case of upholded photos

Level 4

True

Level 4

Make sure after uphold you're photos click the place written post

Level 3

I appreciate the help, but there is no way to remove the duplicate pics. Plus, now the duplicates have views, so deleting them would reduce my view count. Ugh. I wish I could at least consolidate duplicate pics without losing view counts. The pics are identical in size and metadata; it shouldn't be difficult to identify and merge duplicates. Hello Google,

@anthonyt wrote:

I think you can click the place of editing then see what options will come Especially in case of upholded photos

You listening? 🙂

Level 7

Hi @LeslieB

@LeslieB wrote:

I added multiple photos in Google Maps to contribute to the local guides.  When I attempted to upload them, I received an error stating that the server was unavailable and to try again later.  I tried 3 additional times.  Consequently, I reviewed my contributions and I had multiples of the same photo.  There are over 100 pictures out there and it looks like the feature only allows for deleting pictures one at a time.  Is there a way to delete the multiple duplicate pictures?  Thank you.

Open Google Maps with the account you used to upload those photos. Then go to the Menu on the top left corner, click on “your contributions” and select Photos.

Look for the photos that appearing more than once under the particular area you reviewed or edited. In the top right corner of the photo, click More and you will that that particular photo from there

I hope that helps, I recently deleted mine too.