BillPMI's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 1

Remove Myself as Local Guide - Account Confusion

I have two Google accounts, a personal and an account linked to my work.  I need this account (bill@pmiclarksville.com) removed as a local guide.  I am currently a local guide under my personal account.  How do I end this? 

Keep in mind, I am NOT leaving the local guide program, I just don't want my work account to be linked to the local guides.

Thank you.

2 comments
Level 10

Re: Remove Myself as Local Guide - Account Confusion

@BillPMI The Local Guides program is linked to a Google account. I believe that your personal email is a Google account, so your contributions to Local Guides will be tied to that Google account. Which means, if you go to a computer or a phone and logged in using your personal Google account, you can see your contributions as well as contribute to Maps under the account.

Your work account is probably not a Google account, and maybe you can give a bit more details on how your work account is linked to Local Guides. Do you have 2 different contribution profiles in Google Maps? Ie do you see 2 different Maps accounts that has 2 different contribution points and have 2 different logins into LG Connect? Let's try to understand this first so we don't accidentally exit the Local Guides program.

Level 1

Re: Remove Myself as Local Guide - Account Confusion

Hi @StephenAbraham - I did accidentally make a few contributions from my business/work account and have since deleted them.    My work account is a Google account though.  

I believe we're all set now though.  

Thanks!