Aloknath's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Reminder By Radius for our Favourite Marked places

Hello @JeslynL   @TraciC  @Corrie

One more Very New Interesting Feature that can be implemented in Google Maps to give Superb experience : 

Please read completely to understand Clearly  , I believe this will be a very useful , super feature in Google Maps .

Problem :

Most of us maintain a To-Do list / To Visit lists , but often forget them when required ! Let me explain, lets says i read a review about a food joint named "ABC" at place named "ZZZ" . As i find this place very interesting ,i make a note of this food joint . Like this we will have too many food joint/shops to visit which will be scattered every where .  After few days i visit this place "ZZZ"  for some work , but i will not remember about this "ABC" food joint i wanted to visit ! This Happens most of the time and we realize this later .

Solution :

•    Include a new FEATURE/OPTION where we can  PIN IT / MARK  the places in GOOGLE MAPS which we want to visit as and when we find it interesting .       for example here   :  "ABC"  food joint  will be marked in GOOGLE MAPS .
  •  Next time when i visit that place where this food joint exists i should get a REMINDER about this !!       for example here  :  if i visits "ZZZ" place a remainder/suggestion  to visit "ABC" should be given automatically .

So when we are in some  particular RADIUS DISTANCE away from our favorite place Which we had marked LONG BACK we can know it easily .

We can add this option , near reviews section also, so when ever we read about any interesting place we can mark it very easily !

I want at least one of my ideas to be implemented / used by GOOGLE , which will be very useful to every one .Hope you found this interesting and helpful . Do share your feedback

Thank you

LGSummit17   MyContributions

4 comments
Googler

Re: Reminder By Radius for our Favourite Marked places

Thanks for sharing your feedback, @Aloknath. As with all feedback, we'll share internally with the appropriate teams but we encourage you to also share your request directly in the app or on desktop, too because the more, the merrier. 

In the meantime, if you're not already using lists (I am and I love it), I encourage you to do so. I currently have ~2,000 stars so when I save new places, I make sure to organize them better. Just this past weekend I visited five new places thanks to places I saved, woohoo! 

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Level 8

Hi @Aloknath,

Thank you for sharing your idea with us.

First of all, I like your idea and would use it myself if it were available. I do hope though that if it were implemented, it would be done in a way that you can either change your settings to switch off the auto alerts or at least have the option to delete the list item with one click, so to get rid of it.

In addition, I believe your idea needs to be a little further developed.  What if I lived in a big city and have say 15 places on my wish list and one day I drive across town to meet a friend for dinner and I have 10 alerts open in my phone, saying that I was close to these POI on my list? Not very helpful at all. If so , I would switch off the alerts and that would defeat its purpose.

Badoo (the social platform for making new friends or dating, or whatever way you can use it) has a feature where it will tell you that you actually was very close to somebody on your like list and even gives you the map-point where you crossed paths that day. So it can be done, but the question is how.

On your idea marketing, I would like to give some feedback/ suggestions.

I think one may assume that all ideas posted on this Board, the ones that get a nice number of kudos and positive feedback from the community, are read by members of our LG Team. In my opinion, your approach to suggest an idea and tag LG team members from the start is a bit pushy (hard sell). 

The reason I am also saying this, is that I sometimes feel sorry for our LG team members. This is feedback to all fellow community members, not just you! For example, I have noticed that a lot of people would also tag a member of the LG team if they refer to their post. For example, read these guidelines by TAG CorrieD. Can you imagine what Corrie's inbox must look like? How is she suppose to tell which posts people really need her help/ intervention or when people are simply talking about her?

Sorry, I am diverting here from your topic. If people would follow your example from above, I would regret not speaking up.

To come back to your topic, please suggest how Maps should handle the alerts, as I questioned above. 

Thanks, and please keep your creative juices flowing and share your ideas with us.

Jeroen

Level 8

I took a while to write the above response and meanwhile Traci gave you a nice answer!
Thanks to this response, I have now learned that idea-marketing, when it comes to app features, should also be shared with the App-Team and not just our LG Team 😉
Good to know, thanks!
Jeroen

Level 9

@TraciC

Thank you , I was not aware about this lists feature . The idea which i have shared above can be implemented very nicely using this all ready existing lists feature right  ? Ill  request this directly using the app as you have suggested . Thanks again .