Tambiti's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Regional Guides Summit

Since Google has guides all over the world, I am suggesting that before the big one in America, Google can start by uniting guides per region. For example, something like the East African Guides Summit, Southern African Regional Summit, etc. Then of course, we all can wait and brace ourselves for the big one in the States. I would personally like to meet other local guides within East Africa, and East Africa is big. We have Uganda, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, etc. But before I make my final submission, is it already happening and I don't know about it?

I am ready to host the one for East Africa.

Just a thought.

John Luke Tambiti

Local Guide Level 6

Representing Uganda

Metroplex Shopping Mall, Northern Bypass, Kampala, Uganda
5 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 9
Solution

Re: Regional Guides Summit

Great feedback @Tambiti

So far, in 2016 and 2017, Local Guides have hosted a global summit in San Francisco. This year, the event will also be a global event, but it will be referred to as Connect Live.

This is a great suggestion and I'm going to move this post over to the Feedback forum so that others with similar thoughts can comment on it as well. 

Please post publicly so others can benefit as well. I do not have private messages. Thanks!

View solution in original post

Level 10

Yes @Tambiti very good suggestions.

I think google also organize regional summits, recently some of the friends from India got the chance to attend the google meet in Hyderabad. Again seats are limited 🙂

With regards,

John peter 

Level 9
Solution

Great feedback @Tambiti

So far, in 2016 and 2017, Local Guides have hosted a global summit in San Francisco. This year, the event will also be a global event, but it will be referred to as Connect Live.

This is a great suggestion and I'm going to move this post over to the Feedback forum so that others with similar thoughts can comment on it as well. 

Please post publicly so others can benefit as well. I do not have private messages. Thanks!
Level 7

Thank you Shirley, I hope you guys give it some thought. Those that can't make it for the big one, can have their own. Remember it also helps bring them together. There are regions that speak the same language, imagine the amount of unification you will have created if they meet at a regional summit. You can even initiate community service by Local Guides of a particular region. By creating Local Guides, you are uniting people, now, don't stop at uniting them, guide them to make a bigger impact to the communities they represent. Imagine Google changing lives, absolutely awesome. There's so much I can say about this topic, but am sure you already get my drift.

Cheers.

Level 8

@Tambiti I totally buy your idea. How I wish the suggestion is considered and implemented.

Level 8

Great thinking my dear friend. Moderator already reply you and I also recommend - that, this will be best for everyone. Google may be conciser your comment. I also can arrange meetup for India if Google Local Guide Team give permission. It really great work for all the people. 

Thanks for you recommendation and advice.

God Bless You

Have a happy life. 🙂