cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: Reduce the size of a picture quickly

Thank you @YanniY,

One step at a time 😉
We appreciate you guys have a lot on your plate.

Level 9

@SumuduH , i use Paint program from my PC , i find it the fastest way to reduce the size then i  upload it to the connect , if there are many photos . i make an album on the google photo app , this is amazing app , you can backup all your photo  on , and make albums where if you want can allow others to add more photo or not, and comment from others its the best way till now in my opinion ,

many thanks to @YK1001 @JeroenM @YanniY

and of course for

@ErmesT @LucioV & @AnuradhaP  who i learned from them everyday 

Level 8

@OSAMA

Do you know if formatting your photos in Paint removes your Exif data (GPS, Meta data)? I just spend 10 minutes searching all kind of forums and MS Helpdesk and find it difficult to find any concluding information with recent versions of Paint. At the time of Microsoft XP it seems it did remove meta data when using this software.

I actually paid for an app on my mobile phone to keep the Exif data, so it helps with the verification process when I add a new place to maps.

Cheers, Jeroen

Level 9

@JeroenM

yeah i know that , but its a copy i want to upload on the connect,  i have the original on my PC and on the Google photo app 😉

@JeroenM wrote:

@OSAMA

Do you know if formatting your photos in Paint removes your Exif data (GPS, Meta data)? I just spend 10 minutes searching all kind of forums and MS Helpdesk and find it difficult to find any concluding information with recent versions of Paint. At the time of Microsoft XP it seems it did remove meta data when using this software.

I actually paid for an app on my mobile phone to keep the Exif data, so it helps with the verification process when I add a new place to maps.

Cheers, Jeroen

Level 8

Hi @OSAMA,

Last night in bed, I realised I had a bit of a senior moment here (LOL), but I was not prepared to get out of bed and correct my reply here ;-). This morning, my senior moment was to have all forgotten about it (LOL).
You clearly stated this was related to uploading photos to Connect, so sorry.

Greetings from Holland this time, Jeroen

Level 10

I have been resizing the photos using paint tool.

@SumuduH

Anonymous
Not applicable

@SumuduH you raise a super legit question.  My camera takes images running into 8MB, and it's ludacris to attempt uploading images that size on any network, maps or connect. I used to have an executable .bat  that uses paint on windows to mass shrink photos. I would have shared the code but I don't have it anymore.  Perhaps one connect user will be kind enough to publish a code to do that. 

Level 8

Auto Compression of Image in Connect

Hello Local Guides 

Most of us face the same problem while uploading in Connect.  If our image size is higher than 3MB then we have to re-compress every image and upload them again. All of our Local Guides may not have knowledge of Compressing the images. So, my request to Local Guides team is adding a feature in Connect that will auto compress the image if the size of the image is higher than 3MB. 

large.png

In Google Photos, Photos are compressed to save space. If a photo is larger than 16MP, it will be resized to 16MP.  Is it possible to add same compression method in Connect too? 

I think it will help lots of Local Guides to upload photos to Connect easily. 

@TraciC @NadyaPN @KlaudiyaG @MarinSt @JeslynL

Waiting for your reply

Namaste, Niraj

Former Google Contributor

Re: Auto Compression of Image in Connect

Hello @NirajBhusal,

Thank you for your suggestion. It has been noted.

Best regards,

Georges

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators
Level 8

Re: Auto Compression of Image in Connect