SumuduH's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Reduce the size of a picture quickly

Hello all,

I found it a bit frustrating to see the maximum upload limit for a picture in a discussion is 3072MB. Usually we have 4MB+ photos and I would like to know if there is a quicker way to reduce the size as required.

I feel it is best if google can automatically reduce the file size maintaining the same aspect ratio which I think is not a difficult task to embed into discussions, so people will find it easier to upload images than spending time to edit them

42 comments
Level 9

Re: Reduce the size of a picture quickly

@AnuradhaP @LucioV @ErmesT Any tips you can give ?

Level 10

@SumuduH wrote:

@AnuradhaP @LucioV @ErmesT Any tips you can give ?

Sorry @SumuduH i think there is no way to do inside of Connect!

Anyway, always remember that we have a 1000 photos limit, so it's better to start using external sources for images: i'm actually using direct URl sharing from Flickr 😉

Level 8

Hii @SumuduH

Sorry to say that but still now there are no such type of Feature available in Connect.

But please change the word "3072MB" to "3072KB" its kb.

Level 10

@SumuduH At the moment this functionality is not available in Local Guides Connect as far as I know.

Level 8

@SumuduH

I use a mac. In the preview app it is easy to resize pictures. 

Another easy way is: send a email to your own address with the picture included. In Outlook you can resize before sending 

On Android or iOS you can find apps to resize pictures.

Walter Sanders
Level 10

Use a photo resizer at your phone or PC. There's no option here to reduce any photo.

Level 8

@LucioV

Strangely, I don't seem to be able to URL link photos from my Google Drive. I am not (yet) worried about the space on Connect, but more concerned with data charges by my phone company.

Jeroen

Level 10

@JeroenM wrote:

@LucioV

Strangely, I don't seem to be able to URL link photos from my Google Drive. I am not (yet) worried about the space on Connect, but more concerned with data charges by my phone company.

Jeroen

You cannot, by design, use or embed photos from Google Photos or Google Drive 😉

Level 10

@JeroenM As @LucioV said the Google Drive or Google Photos do not give the absolute URL for the image. Therefore you can not use Google Drive or Google Photos URLs.