Arif-BDLG's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Recent edit in Maps should be added

We all are trying to keep Maps as clean as possible and we all giving information as much as. But After giving clean information some spammers modify these edits whether no need any information. They changed the information. So, If google add a recent edit option for mappers then we will know whoever modifiying the edits or places. As no one without being a local guide can't modify a simple edit. So, we could identity sapammer.

It's my opinion. It could be better idea for preventing spamners. Thanks in advance

Ariful Islam

Member Bangladesh Local guides

3 comments
Level 9

Re: Recent edit in Maps should be added

@Arif-BDLG,

Thank you so much for sharing your thought. I do agree with this idea, lots of local guide report that someone do it/s........, but showing name on map wouldn't be a good idea. Need something special for that. 

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 8

Thanks for your opinion. I was a RL (Regional Lead) of Google Maps. If you were a old google mapper you must have seen on the right corner of maps Google show mappers name who contributed these area. Wikipedia has a option name Recent edits. They use it to prevent spamming. Some place of Maps no need any modification. The places should be permanently CLOSED editing option.

Level 9

Hi Aforarif,

Thank you for writing back in details. I'm tagging here our moderator @Flash I hope he's aware about that section.

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.