AdamGT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Reason for NOT APPLIED

I'm seriously starting to think that I'm wasting my time.

I'm trying to add several places and getting "NOT APPLIED · Place creation"

If a suggested place creation is not applied then there must be a reason why GM believes this and surely it makes sense that I as a Local Guide should be advised of this reason.

Help me so that I can help you!!

This shouldn't be such a guessing game!!

This shouldn't be such a frustrating process!!

This shouldn't be taking the time that it's taking!!

15 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Reason for NOT APPLIED

Please read this thread carefully @AdamGT

Why is my edit status Pending or Not Applied?

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Mapping-Your-World/Why-is-my-edit-status-Pending-or-Not-Applie...

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Connect Moderator

Thank you @NareshDarji I have read the post that you have referred me to. The Feedback and Feature Request that I made in my initial post is that the system should advise of the reason why a given suggestion is NOT APPLIED. This would then help in responding to the "need more information to be confident the edit is accurate. Simply collect more information and suggest another edit." Without being told the reason it's just a time wasteful and frustrating guessing game!

Level 9

@AdamGT wrote:

Thank you @NareshDarji I have read the post that you have referred me to. The Feedback and Feature Request that I made in my initial post is that the system should advise of the reason why a given suggestion is NOT APPLIED. This would then help in responding to the "need more information to be confident the edit is accurate. Simply collect more information and suggest another edit." Without being told the reason it's just a time wasteful and frustrating guessing game!

Hi @AdamGT,

I can tag @Briggs & @OStr here. Same problem I'm facing now a days but surely I can say googler are working on it. 

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 10

Thanks for tagging me, @deepakjhic.

I'm guessing this thread will soon be merged into the bottomless pit that is the FOREVER NOT APPLIED thread.

Level 7

Google keeps many things to itself, including the exact reasons why our requests get rejected.

They want, and the more honest among us should also want, to mininmize the amount of spam and other mischievous or malicious information that is added to Google Maps.

Level 10

Sadly, we all are wasting our time @AdamGT.

There used to be a time in Google Map Maker where Google and various contributors did make an attempt to coach and advise mappers why an edit was not applied. But because that "advanced tool" had so many hits and the fact that only 1% returned to read such information, it was unfortunately culled.

If they could have some sort of trust circle to help with such, then maybe we would be able to really plough through and get real help with these edits. But even the most confidential of privacy and privileges are easily breached.

Deepak, I hate that post, it is a generic good for nothing post at this moment in time.

Connect Moderator

I'd very much like it if this thread does to move off its original intention. This thread is about a Suggestion to help move passed the NOT APPLIED.

It's quite simple really. Instead of getting a blanket, cold NOT APPLIED response to a suggestion such as a place creation or map marker, it would be heaps more helpful if the system advised why that suggestion was NOT APPLIED.

Obviously compared to some automatic system, as LGs with our feet on the ground, we have good knowledge and a better understanding about this particular place and why we are making the suggestion in the first place and so by getting more information from Google about why the suggestion was rejected, will enable us to better address the NOT APPLIED, refine our edit and have another go based on that feedback/information rather than just blindly, frustratingly and in a time wasting manner having another go.  Google's post response so far has been that we need to provide "more information" so that they can be confident the edit is accurate and have asked that we simply collect more information and suggest another edit.  OK I accept this BUT then as I have said, why not give us more information about the reason for the NOT APPLIED so that we can have reply based on that knowledge and thus have a better chance of success when e do have another go.  As I have said, without being told the reason it's just a time wasteful and frustrating guessing game!  Help me Google to Help you!!!! You say you need more information, well guess what, so do we!!! It's not rocket science!

Please, fellow LGs, be positive and get behind this suggestion. I'm asking for your support. Let's push so that we get more information about the NOT APPLIED.

Level 9

Hi Briggs,

Generally when I reply to any post after 10 to 15 replies I unsubscribe from that but on your post I'm still waiting for result. That is a very good post.

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Connect Moderator

I too am still waiting and I am still getting these frustrating NOT APPLIED responses to repeated attempts at adding new places to maps, businesses that I personally have visited and thus know they exist. As a LG investing my time freely to help improve maps I need and deserve more information with a NOT APPLIED response, feedback as to why it is not applied. I have read the @GusMoreira post Why is my edit status Pending or Not Applied but it is not helpful in my situation. "you (Google) needs more information to be confident the edit is accurate. Simply collect more information and suggest another edit" I've done all this but still NOT APPLIED !!! Surely something can be done to improve the quality of the canned NOT APPLIED response!!!! Sheeesh is there any Googler here perhaps @BruceDM prepared to look into this?