RabiulHasan's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Re submitting a not applied place

Hello!

What will happen if I re submitting a place that wasn't published and not applied? 

If I try several times for a place which one are marked not applied, then what will happen? Is it makes any effect on my local guide ID?

Thank you a lot!

New York, NY, United States
4 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 8
Solution

Re: Re submitting a not applied place

Dear @RabiulHasan,

Trust-score is a complicated subject and not all information is available to the public as it would give an undesirable advantage to spammers to manipulate the system.

Flash, our Connect Moderator that is specialized in Map Editing, is the single person that educates us on this topic. You may wish to do a search on Connect to read more about it.

What I have learned so far is that making legit edits (meaning you submit something that is indeed mappable and all data provided is correct) it never hurts your trust score. Even if that edit suggestion receives the Not Applied response. There are lots of reasons why you might get a Not Applied response and one of them is that your Trust-Score might not be high enough to edit a certain POI. Repeating your edits, in that scenario does not help or either hurt (as I understand it).

Trust score, is something you earn by making good edits that get approved. This is not just one single figure, but we have been told that trust-score is given per type of edit. So editing names and editing categories, both have their own trust score. To get a high trust score in a certain type of edits, you need to make hundreds of successful edits of that particular "edit type".

Now, VERY IMPORTANT to remember is that getting your edit suggestions approved does NOT necessarily mean you have made a good edit. If somebody after you makes corrections to your edit and the system or a Googler concludes that your previously approved edit was incorrect, it most certainly still hurts your trust-score.

There are other reasons why a legit (correct) edit might receive a Not Applied response. One of them is that you are creating a duplicate edit. So, unfortunately, whilst we are learning the mapping rules, we do not actually get any clear feedback from the system about the quality of our edits, yet behind the scenes, we do get marked for our map editing contributions.

The only advice I can give you is to do your best to learn all the mapping rules. At least if you are certain that you abide by the rules, you can rest assured that a Not Applied is most likely not a hit to your trust score. If in doubt, please post your case study with full details on the Mapping Your World sub-forum here on Connect, to get feedback from experts.

Sadly, many Local Guides with good intentions are not aware of certain mapping rules and whilst contributing undesirable data, they hurt their own trust score...getting more and more Not Applied responses...getting frustrated and might leave the program in the end.

As I said, this subject is complicated, please let me know if anything I wrote here is not clear to you.

Greetings,  JeroenM 

View solution in original post

Level 9

Hi @RabiulHasan,

Answer for this question has little bit confusion in my mind. As per my knowledge everything is based on trust level. 

I'm not saying you're suggesting wrong information to map. 

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 7

I didn't heard about "trust level "!

Level 8
Solution

Dear @RabiulHasan,

Trust-score is a complicated subject and not all information is available to the public as it would give an undesirable advantage to spammers to manipulate the system.

Flash, our Connect Moderator that is specialized in Map Editing, is the single person that educates us on this topic. You may wish to do a search on Connect to read more about it.

What I have learned so far is that making legit edits (meaning you submit something that is indeed mappable and all data provided is correct) it never hurts your trust score. Even if that edit suggestion receives the Not Applied response. There are lots of reasons why you might get a Not Applied response and one of them is that your Trust-Score might not be high enough to edit a certain POI. Repeating your edits, in that scenario does not help or either hurt (as I understand it).

Trust score, is something you earn by making good edits that get approved. This is not just one single figure, but we have been told that trust-score is given per type of edit. So editing names and editing categories, both have their own trust score. To get a high trust score in a certain type of edits, you need to make hundreds of successful edits of that particular "edit type".

Now, VERY IMPORTANT to remember is that getting your edit suggestions approved does NOT necessarily mean you have made a good edit. If somebody after you makes corrections to your edit and the system or a Googler concludes that your previously approved edit was incorrect, it most certainly still hurts your trust-score.

There are other reasons why a legit (correct) edit might receive a Not Applied response. One of them is that you are creating a duplicate edit. So, unfortunately, whilst we are learning the mapping rules, we do not actually get any clear feedback from the system about the quality of our edits, yet behind the scenes, we do get marked for our map editing contributions.

The only advice I can give you is to do your best to learn all the mapping rules. At least if you are certain that you abide by the rules, you can rest assured that a Not Applied is most likely not a hit to your trust score. If in doubt, please post your case study with full details on the Mapping Your World sub-forum here on Connect, to get feedback from experts.

Sadly, many Local Guides with good intentions are not aware of certain mapping rules and whilst contributing undesirable data, they hurt their own trust score...getting more and more Not Applied responses...getting frustrated and might leave the program in the end.

As I said, this subject is complicated, please let me know if anything I wrote here is not clear to you.

Greetings,  JeroenM 

Level 7

Everything is clear now! Actually I was thinking about it's like your tracks! Thanks  for your reply!