PaulPavlinovich's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Re: Why not fix bugs/problems in Google Maps service?

A 500 error is interesting @PavelPeshkov this one could be worth passing onto the Maps team @TraciC

13 comments
Level 7

Why not fix bugs/problems in Google Maps service?

I will not describe all the problems of the service (there is no adding a new address, rename a street and etc.) because everyone knows about it.

I really hope that representatives will tell me why the service does not develop properly.

Connect Moderator

@PauleH wrote:

I will not describe all the problems of the service (there is no adding a new address, rename a street and etc.) because everyone knows about it.

I really hope that representatives will tell me why the service does not develop properly.

Hi @PavelPeshkov You can do all of these things though the Maps App.

The only thing you cannot do directly is add a new street, these are done through sending feedback about the particular location.

Could you describe the particular problems you are experiencing and perhaps we can help you?

Regards

Paul

Regards

Paul

Level 7

Problem #1: There is a new object in the city that does not have an address on the map. At this address is already located a socially important facility - an ambulance. 
But I can not specify this address (since this functionality is not supported) and I can not specify an ambulance because there is no address.

Problem #2: The city council decided to rename a lot of streets in the city. Two years have already passed but no one has considered the application.

And most importantly in these problems: Time is spent and nothing is done. When competitors of cartographic services, these changes make faster and easier.
This makes the Google Maps service - a service of irrelevant data.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong as a LocalGuid.
But it means that the service does not give me the opportunity to do it Correctly, Quickly and Simply.

Connect Moderator

Hi @PavelPeshkov

Problem 1: You can add a new place by putting a marker on the map instead of specifying the address. Maps will reverse geocode the marker to find the best possible address for the new place. This can be done via the Android App and via the web browser desktop version. This should help with your first problem.

Problem 2: It isn't possible for a Local Guide to update the name of a street. You can offer feedback that the name of the street is not correct. The street names usually come from an official map source so may take time to be updated with the next refresh from the official source or the street name may be updated based on your feedback and the feedback of others. I have had both situations. If something you've reported via feedback is not addressed I would spend time on other areas. Google do not reveal reasons why some things are applied and some are not applied.

Over time more and more of the features of Map Maker are appearing in the Maps App so keep an eye out for new features. If you want the earliest experience of new features you can join the Maps beta program https://support.google.com/maps/answer/7006449?hl=en 

Regards

Paul

@PavelPeshkov wrote:

Problem #1: There is a new object in the city that does not have an address on the map. At this address is already located a socially important facility - an ambulance. 
But I can not specify this address (since this functionality is not supported) and I can not specify an ambulance because there is no address.

Problem #2: The city council decided to rename a lot of streets in the city. Two years have already passed but no one has considered the application.

And most importantly in these problems: Time is spent and nothing is done. When competitors of cartographic services, these changes make faster and easier.
This makes the Google Maps service - a service of irrelevant data.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong as a LocalGuid.
But it means that the service does not give me the opportunity to do it Correctly, Quickly and Simply.

Level 7

Many thanks for the full answer. I have joined in testing Maps beta.

When adding a new object (on the Web maps), I specify: the location of the marker, the full address, the category - Home.
As a name - I specify the house number.

Maybe in my actions there is some mistake.

Connect Moderator

Are you adding a private home @PavelPeshkov this is not something that should be done with Maps unless there is an actual business within the home that is open for people to come there to conduct business. Examples might include a tutor, photographer, hairdresser, etc.

Regards

Paul

Level 7

I tried to install an option from the categories: Residential building, Ambulance.
But I get an error in the Address field.

I tried to specify the Required address, the Proposed address and Address without specifying the number.
All is unsuccessful. And there are no tips that could be followed 😞

001.png  002.png

003.png  004.png

Level 7

this BUG!this BUG!

Maybe the problem in this is just 😉

Googler

@PaulPavlinovich @PavelPeshkov I've moved this discussion to Feedback & Feature Requests.

@GusMoreira may be able to assist further but in the meantime...

@PavelPeshkov Please provide more information to help in troubleshooting such as:

1) The URL of the place you are trying to edit

2) Where you are accessing this (mobile, desktop, the browser if you are on desktop (Chrome? Safari? etc.) as well as the browser version)

3) If you can duplicate this issue on a mobile device too (and if so, what phone, version and Google Maps version are you using?)

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.