justinhess's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Ratings not showing up?

ratings_001.png

I saw this related post https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/rating-not-showing/m-p/394506#M92234 but didn't see any response from the person...I'll try this on my next rating/review. Does this possibly mean when I rate and review a place that it's just being lumped under the review section vs both? I generally do both but would have thought I had at least one if not more plain star ratings w/o leaving a review...

4 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 8
Solution

Re: Ratings not showing up?

Hi @justinhess,

For example:

1.  I rated 5 different places A, B, C, D, E

2.  I write reviews to C, E only

Then the correct figures will be:

Reviews: 2

Ratings: 3

As we must give a Rating to a Place before writing a Review, the Review counts already cover the Rating counts for C & E.

Thus the remain 3 Places without review, it is shown as Ratings: 3

View solution in original post

Level 8
Solution

Hi @justinhess,

For example:

1.  I rated 5 different places A, B, C, D, E

2.  I write reviews to C, E only

Then the correct figures will be:

Reviews: 2

Ratings: 3

As we must give a Rating to a Place before writing a Review, the Review counts already cover the Rating counts for C & E.

Thus the remain 3 Places without review, it is shown as Ratings: 3

Level 5

Actually SampsonF,

i have just added a review AND a rating and got 5 points for the former, and 1 for the latter. This did not happen with all the reviews and ratings I added before. The only difference is this: the glitch seems to happen on places that google maps suggests I rate after recording I have been there. It did not happen with a place that I looked for to review. Any idea on why this might be the case?

Level 8

I also have only 13 ratings showing up where I have done far more along with reviews.  Also my picture count in one place is much higher then another count

Sincerely,
Andrew Reynolds
Level 5

Hi Andrew,

On the first problem, after some testing, I have found the answer. If you post a review AND a rating, the summary of your contributions will add 1 under 'review's. Nonetheless, you will get 5 points for the review, and 1 for the rating. If you post a rating alone, without review, then your summary will show 1 rating, and you get 1 point. In short, since reviews usually accompany the rating, the summary will show one contribution under the review, probably to avoid double counting. I am afraid I have no idea on the second issue though, sorry!