Priya025's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Rape

With the growing cases of rape and various life threatening cases through out our world. I think we can use this platform for reducing  this incidents.One thing we can do is by sharing our views about a place's security and surrounding environment.what are the other things we can do .please reply

Bhilai, Chhattisgarh, India
10 comments
Level 8

Re: Rape

Great Idea!!... I totally support your idea on this.. I think the safety details would be a great add on to the places details.

I think @ErmesT can give a better insight to it and moving it to correct forum.

Level 9

Definitely it's a great idea. However, I'm not sure how many people here in India have access to Google Map. 

Regarding safe tipes, security should be increase in rape-prone area. People start installing CCTV. 

Level 6

Agreed Most suburbs/areas in Brisbane, Australia, are safe after dark AS LONG AS THERE ARE LIGHT SOURCES AROUND. There are a handful of suburbs (such as Fortitude Valley and very northern suburbs and very southern suburbs) that I would recommend walking around with a friend and in well-lit areas only.

Level 8

@Priya025  great idea. we should take initiative .

Connect Moderator

Hi @Priya025 I like the idea of sharing how safe a place is, there are some challenges to think about

• what does safe mean? For an older male like me what I consider safe might be quite scary and perhaps unsafe for a younger person. Safe is very subjective.
  • if an area was marked unsafe on Maps that could cause economic issues
  • it's not so much the area that is safe but the people in it at that time - a normally safe area with one bad person is suddenly unsafe

There are no easy answers. Even in a culture like Australia where generally speaking people are good to each other there are still bad people that cause problems.

Regards Paul

Connect Moderator

Thanks for tagging me @AmarArora@.

@Priya025, this is an important, even if very difficult to manage, point, so let's keep this as an open discussion on the feedback board. This point has been raised up several times by Local Guides. I see how, like @PaulPavlinovich said, safe is a very subjective situation, but title of your post is giving a clear indication about the subject.

We all know that this is an existing situation, that needs to be managed carefully, as the risk is to create an unwanted damage to some specific areas.

I am thinking about a "personal alarm" to be sent to some identified subject when a person is in danger

Level 5

we can do priya but who can see these posts relevent to area by sharing locations 

Level 5

Rape

why we don't teach and train our males from a young age that they are supposed to use their manliness for positive purposes and not for such demeaning acts that get classified into 'rape & molestation'.

Why we do not ask our males when they come home late as to where they were and what they were doing?

Level 7

great idea