HelloSamsonR's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

REQUEST FOR CATEGORY

I would  like to request for this category: Suya Spot  to be available in Nigeria, mostly especially it's apparent in North Central Nigeria. We have many POI existing as spots like this, but we are unable to add them. Please look into it.

7 comments
Level 9

Re: REQUEST FOR CATEGORY

@HelloSamsonR very good .

Could you plz explain a bit more about Suya spot ?

I just want to know.

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 8

Hii @HelloSamsonR

Can you i know what is Suya Spot ?

Please provide more information about this Category

Hii @JeslynL @GusMoreira please read this problem.

Can you add this Category.

If you add this Category i will be very happy & my friend @HelloSamsonR also very happy.

Thanks in Advance.

Level 10

Thanks @deepakjhic and @Umashankar . Let me explain what Suya spot is.  It is a place where people go to eat barbecue or roasted meat, fish e.t.c. This places can be found on the streets most times, but some people have professionally built places with buildings for this purpose. So am Talking about those places. I can't add them because no category for that. And this places are always crowded at nights. Hope you understand what I mean now? 

Level 9

Thank you @HelloSamsonR i understand. I hope our Google Moderator will help you on this.

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 10

A food place to eat barbecue or grilled meat... hmm. Something like skewered meat, kebabs, sizzling Nigerian street food?

Depending on the restaurant and/or the vendor/premises, I would probably list the classification as:

• Kebab Shop
  • Meat Dish Restaurant
  • Restaurant
  • West African Restaurant
  • Hawker Stall (e.g. the people who shout that they have food on the street)

Suya spot is a little bit of a niche/cultural term perhaps? At least that's what I think. Existing restaurants that are called "The Suya Spot" in the United States are listed as African restaurants, so have a browse around and see if they're appropriate enough categories.

Level 10

@deepakjhic Thank you. Looking forward to hearing from them concerning this category. It would be super helpful for people to search for nice places to enjoy suya on Maps 😊

Level 10

@Briggs Thanks for your feedback/contributions to this. You see it is a general language we use here in Nigeria, and Africa beyond. No one will try searching for a  Suya spot on the maps and try searching for West African Restaurant. The word Suya is a general Language that can never be changed. If anyone from Africa was searching for places like this on the maps, they would use this Key word. Even the word restaurant doesn't even qualify it 😞.