OStr's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Question generator down?

Usually, when I click on a POI that I reviewed in the past, I get a pop-up asking, "Know this place?"  If I click "OK", I get a list of questions about the place, for example about wheelchair accessibility, whether you need a reservation, and so on. But in the last few days, whenever I click "OK", I get the message, "Whoops - The questions aren't ready yet, but check back soon to help others discover this place. FINISHED". This now happens for every location I ever reviewed.

Has anyone else seen this?

9 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 10
Solution

Re: Question generator down?

@Briggs, your comment convinced me to log into another device, and try it there. The questions popped up as usual on the other device. So I went back to my usual device, uninstalled all the updates to GMaps (Android won't let you actually uninstall the App), reinstalled the updates, and voilà - things are working again.

Not sure what the problem was, but I'll go ahead and mark this one as solved. Thank you all!

View solution in original post

Level 10

Tagging my favourite experts: @Briggs, @NFN, @GaryFunk@LucioV.

Level 8

I have noticed that also.  Sometimes it will pop up and only ask one question. 

Level 10

One question would be fine, it would show the generator is still alive. But now it won't even show a single question.

Level 8
Level 8

Myne is working.

That said I have over 4500 answers, 

Sometimes you have answered them all, and there's just no questions left to ask....aka you beat the game😂

Just keep checking every morning.

Level 8
Level 8

@OStr wrote:

Tagging my favourite experts: @Briggs, @NFN, @GaryFunk@LucioV.

The secret unkown guru's 🤘

Level 8

I added a few this week.  I up to 11,447..

Level 10

About 9,700 for me, unchanged since last week. 😞

Level 10

G'day @OStr, or more like ohayo!

I'm in Japan at the moment, and despite answering upwards of about 17,000 questions I don't think I have come across that problem before, neither here or back in Sydney + Brisbane. It's a strange bug, you might want to get it checked out.

Level 10
Solution

@Briggs, your comment convinced me to log into another device, and try it there. The questions popped up as usual on the other device. So I went back to my usual device, uninstalled all the updates to GMaps (Android won't let you actually uninstall the App), reinstalled the updates, and voilà - things are working again.

Not sure what the problem was, but I'll go ahead and mark this one as solved. Thank you all!