PrijunK's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Question Answer on Google Maps - Frustation

Hey guys,

what do you think of the question answer section on google maps that they released like 4 or 5  months (ago i think). I was really excited at first. I thought i would get to answer some interesting questions. BUT

the questions are so bad and non relevant , i am very disappointed by its use. 8 of 10 questions i answer is totally irrelevant . people ask for job application, contact number of some person and  so on. someone even asked the location of the place(very funny) . well i thinks its been used improperly.

i want to know what do you guys think about it ? Thanks.

Kathmandu, Central Development Region, Nepal
19 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Question Answer on Google Maps - Frustation

Hi @PrijunK you can flag mark this questions. 

Click on three dots > Report question > off-topic or choose another options. 

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 8

I know we can report these questions but i am just frustrated by these questions.... i think google should make this segment a bit effective
Level 8

Hi @PrijunK @NareshDarji

They have a set of questions based on the category of the place, those set of questions automatically get applied to place. Yep, sometimes some questions are irrelevant to that place, which you can skip or hit "not sure" option. 

Thanks!

Rashid Jorvee

Thank You! -- Rashid Jorvee
Connect Moderator

Hi @PrijunK

Thanks for your note.

I suggest, for this kind of post, to use the Feedback-and-Feature-Requests board, for Google to have a look. 

I'm moving your post in the feedback board 

Connect Moderator

Creo que como varios @PrijunK, tengamos ese sentimiento cuando vemos algunas preguntas, que ni son pertinentes, pero también hay otras que si lo son, es cuestión de tiempo que la gente se acostumbre a realizar otro tipo de consultas  , esto es muy nuevo todavía, hay que dejar rodar un poco más esta gran opción que nos brinda Google Maps

saludos Farid

Level 10

I agree.

People is absolutely not aware on how to use this tool.
Yesterday I had to answer, in behalf of a business owner, to a user that asked to meet the owner, because he fall in love with her after having seen her in a tv show ....

Level 10

You're making me curious, @LucioV. 😉

Level 8

OMG...

Unbelievable.

Perfect match? 

It's another app.

🙂

Best regards. 🇧🇷

Level 9

I agree, and I'm not sure what they want us to do with the answers. Someone asks a question (maybe good, maybe bad) and then 8 people respond, sometimes with the very same answer. It looks to me like people are just trying for easy points. If I get the alert that a question has been asked, I'll go and look - but if the right answer is already there 4 or 5 times, I won't answer it too. Or does Google want a number of people to answer so that the right answers are obvious?

I really don't know how they expected this feature to work but it really doesn't work well on either end, in my opinion.