5 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: Publish video

Hi @ebrahimmotamed,

Thanks for reaching out!

The way to upload video to Google Maps is:

1. Search and select a place on Google Maps.
  2. Scroll down and tap “Add a photo
  3. Tap “Camera” and hold the shutter button for up to 10 seconds.

You can find more information about sharing photos and videos in Publish and connect 360 photos with the Street View app and Add, remove, or share photos and videos

In case of further questions, you can always check Google Maps Help

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Google Moderator Thank you!

View solution in original post

Solution

Hi @ebrahimmotamed,

Thanks for reaching out!

The way to upload video to Google Maps is:

1. Search and select a place on Google Maps.
  2. Scroll down and tap “Add a photo
  3. Tap “Camera” and hold the shutter button for up to 10 seconds.

You can find more information about sharing photos and videos in Publish and connect 360 photos with the Street View app and Add, remove, or share photos and videos

In case of further questions, you can always check Google Maps Help

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Google Moderator Thank you!

Level 8

I tested a lot of ways
But in no part I did not see the option to add a photo
I can add photos through the comments section
 can You take a picture of the steps you take to add the movie

Level 10

Hello @Petra_M Unfortunately due to this thread, this ordinary method is not available in Iran.

Hi @ebrahimmotamed, Currently the only way to upload video for Iranian users is what we described in Persian in recent article on Iran Local Guides community.

You can go to a popular place by turned on GPS. Then wait for system notification to add photo of that place. And then you can also capture video. This is what Iranian users can do right know to add video.

Amir | Join us on IranLocalGuides

Hi @Amiran,

The workaround what you`ve shared was removed from this post. 

Please be informed that we do not support unofficial pages.

In case of further questions or issues please use the official Google Maps Help portal. 

Level 10

Hi @Petra_M, But unfortunately there is no official Persian resource in this case specially for this specific issue about adding photos in Iran.

Because this is hard to explain separately for each user, I was thought it was good to refer to a related non-profit and suitable resource like Iran Local Guides community.

Anyway thanks for your reminding. I will try to prepare a better way next times 🙂

Amir | Join us on IranLocalGuides