RyanD's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Problem with logging into Google Maps with my gmail account.

PLEASE HELP!

I have been unable to log into my Google Maps account on my Android devices for the past 9 months or so.

I know that it is a server side issue as I have tried on FIVE Android devices with the same results.

Also, I have been on Google Tech Support about five times and about an hour or more each time with no solution.

If ANYONE out there can help me, please reach out.

Thank you,

Ryan

Boulder, CO, United States
8 comments
Level 9

Re: Problem with logging into Google Maps with my gmail account.

Hi @RyanD can you share the screenshot of the error message and more details about the devices.

flagnepal acetreks.gif  - Nepal | YouTube
Level 8

回應: Problem with logging into Google Maps with my gmail account.

Hi @RyanD,

Is logon OK with Desktop Maps ?

Do you have access to any iOS device for a quick test also?

Level 10

Also, @RyanD, can you log into any other Google Services (like Gmail as the most obvious) with the same Google Account?

Level 5

Thank you.

I do not get an error message.

When I click on the Search bar, it shows the Sign In screen.

When I click on my gmail account, it just goes back to the Sign In screen again.

This happens on my Google Pixel XL, my Nexus 6P, my Nexus 5, my Galaxy Nexus and my Nexus 7.

I am able to log into Google Maps on the desktop fine and am also able to log into all other apps on my devices.

The only problem is with my Google Maps Android application.

I'm pretty sure it is a Google server side issue.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Ryan

Level 5

Thank you.

When I click on my gmail account, it just goes back to the Sign In screen again.

This happens on my Google Pixel XL, my Nexus 6P, my Nexus 5, my Galaxy Nexus and my Nexus 7.

I am able to log into Google Maps on the desktop fine and am also able to log into all other apps on my devices.

No access to an iOS device, unfortunately.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Ryan

Level 5

Thank you.

Yes, all other Google apps work fine.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Ryan

Googler

Hi @RyanD. I'm sorry to hear you've had so much trouble. Have you already been in touch with folks at the Google Maps Help Forum? I ask as that information will help us to figure out how to help you. Please be sure to tag me (by putting the @ in front of my name when responding) so I receive a notification. Thank you and hopefully we can get you sorted out! 

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Level 8

Hi @RyanD,

Are you on the Maps Beta program ?