Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: Private reviews and ratings

Hi @JeslynL,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

Nice to meet you too.

@JeslynL, @YK1001, Your effort and your intereresting is much appreciated.

Former Google Contributor
Solution

Hello @Pierros,

We will look into this for you. In the meantime I recommend taking a peek at the reviews you do have in place and make sure that you don't have any contributions that might not adhere to the Maps Contributed Content Policy.

Reviews with any repetitiveness or quick takes (e.g., 'its ok' or 'nice place' - multiple times) are the type of contributions that might be marked as private by internal tools and thus the contribution points would be removed.

I am not available to respond on the weekend
Level 10

Hello @BruceDM,

Nice to meat you and thank you for your prompt reply.

I am checking this, yes you are correct, i have many of them, but even if i changed them there are still marked as private (sometimes i do not have the time to write a detail review, make a note and change them when i am able to). 

As i mentioned before, they are still private even if i delete the review (i.e. a rating should be just fine and published without a review).

Even worst it is happening in reviews which are simple like you mentioned before and they are published (i.e. it's ok or nice place) and when I make them more meaningful and helpful (as i want to believe so:) ) they marked as private. 

Your help and effort is much appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Level 9

Thanks for the interesting information.  I had no idea about that "private" issue.

Level 9

Wow, that really stinks to high heaven [as my mom used to say].

They really should change the algorithm and "Grandfather" Connect/

Google Map "Veterans" who put in so much work.   

I guess I may be "guilty" of having some brief under 200 character reviews,

but for some places, what more can you say?  It was a glorious gas station?

I can see that this makes sense going forward, but it is really a bad idea to

change the rules midstream & ding the people who have done tons of hard

work.

I was wanting to go thru my old reviews & add more, but after seeing comments

that somehow, it either did not matter, or somehow they became "private" and

invisible, it is hard to know what to do.

Hopefully they can work on this.  They have a virtual army of dedicated "slaves"

or like "Yelping Lemmings" at there disposal & they should "feed" the troops.

Sorry for your loss 😞

-Paul 🙂 

Level 7

Pietro's thanks for the questions and your inside into this.I'm not that new and I was wondering when I check my list of points to find it saying 0 rate and I wanted to know how can I work on it.You being level ten can you somehow help John2boyz thanks

Level 10

Hi,

I do not have any further information regarding this issue, maybe you should ask a moderator for help.

Level 10

I feel that 5 Star rating should be given to the deserving places only....to be a genuine guide. Points alone is not the consideration to be a dedicated contributor. Increase of points (if at all this is the motive) can be achieved by adding / editing many other places information. The options are so wide that they never get exhausted. Old places become historical while new places spring up !
Photos express more than review Multiple photos giving three dimensions and insight of the place by the way fetch more points. A casual walk or ride in a slow moving vehicle in any place especially on holidays, one can take a umpty number of photos.
We can give honest review only on places where we or our friend actually shop or eat or experience or learn about.

Dhanasekaran
Level 8

@Pierros nice that you raised this issue. It's quite tragic to even know about such problem. When one takes out time from his/her busy schedule to contribute for the benefit of the society and later comes to know that all work got vanished out of nowhere is disheartening. I even can't think of this happening to me. I hope your reviews get restored soon. All the best

Level 10

I want you to tell me.
I've done a field survey and I mentioned the facts, some have been certified as private reviews.

Can I recover by deleting and rewriting or will my rights at that place be lost?

#Let's introduce your Japan with #DeepJapan hashtag. You will discover Japanese background stories.
#Let's try your native language conversation with Google Translate #UseNativeLanguage
#Enrich Google Maps with Cycling information #Bike
#lit.link/yasumikikuchi #Guiding Star 2022 Inclusive Mapper