bhasibahuleyan's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Private message is marked 'unread' even after I had read it several times

Private message is marked 'unread' even after I had read it several times.

BHASI BAHULEYAN
3 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: Private message is marked 'unread' even after I had read it several times

Hi @bhasibahuleyan

Did you opened the message, or you read it on the preview? When you click on your notification, the "incoming messages" page is opened. If the message is short, you may read it without opening, but the status will remain "unread".

Please click on the title of the message to open it.

Please let me have your feedback

Thank you

Ermes

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator
Solution

Hi @bhasibahuleyan

Did you opened the message, or you read it on the preview? When you click on your notification, the "incoming messages" page is opened. If the message is short, you may read it without opening, but the status will remain "unread".

Please click on the title of the message to open it.

Please let me have your feedback

Thank you

Ermes

Level 10

@bhasibahuleyan unfortunately I am not looking at your screen to know exactly what the issue is, and you should not share screenshot of a private message screen here either (for privacy reasons).

So, this is what I am suspecting. When you click your profile picture, and then click the envelope to open up the main messages page, you can see/read a list of all the messages you received. That doesn't actually tell the system you have read the message. 

You will need to click on the title of each message to open up each message to tell the system you have read it. The title is the line just under the username of each sender. Click and open each message and you should find that the message has been read. You will need to do for each message received.

Let me know if this solves the issue.

** Updated.. looks like @ErmesT has faster typing skills than me. 🙂 

Level 10

Hi @ErmesT

You have solved my question.

Thank you

BHASI BAHULEYAN