HottieE's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Pot Holes in Toronto

When are we going to be able to map pot holes in Google Maps?

Toronto, ON, Canada
7 comments
Level 5

Re: Pot Holes in Toronto

That would just cover up the map entirely! 🙂

Level 10

@Emmanuel ha ha ha - funny but true

Level 9
Level 9

@HottieE wrote:

When are we going to be able to map pot holes in Google Maps?

On the base map, never. They're even specifically mentioned https://support.google.com/mapmaker/answer/2642650?hl=en

There's already too much inappropriate content on the base map which could be could be recorded on custom maps via https://www.google.com/maps/about/mymaps/ if LGs were better informed

Level 7

Hey, I just moved to Toronto from Spain and I have to ask... what is a pot hole? 😛

Level 5

They are holes in the pavements. Toronto

@REBECAP wrote:

Hey, I just moved to Toronto from Spain and I have to ask... what is a pot hole? 😛

usually has a lot after the winter. 

Level 6

Boy o boy, I thought Potholes was a patent of South Africa 🙂

Mostly the Highways and mainstream roads in city's are being kept in good condition. The roads to smaller towns, farm areas etc are very neglected. I have personally lost 2 tires of my vehicle thanks to potholes, but also know of people that had accidents due to the potholes. In my language a pothole is called a " slag-gat". If I translate it direct to English it means "Slaughter Hole" that makes more sense as the holes here are no more the size of pots but of pools! Any way maybe Google Guide must just add something to say the route traveled is of partly tar and mainly holes... 😉

Thanks for the postPotholes - Slag gatPotholes - Slag gat

This picture was taken a while ago!

Level 2

1537463552774-1989733771.jpg

Zala alpesh