JonesParapaso's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Postpone a meet-up without cancelling it

Dear Support team,

I requested for a meet-up which was approved however, something came up on the morning of my meet-up hence I couldn't make it, so I thought for an option to postpone but only saw a cancel button although with an area for reasons why. I then thought of the process to apply for another meetup which in most cases may likely be the just canceled and then it will appear as a new meet up and probably loosing connections or attractions previous gained.

I feel it will be easier for hosts to able to reschedule meet-ups and everyone gets updated with the same.

Some suggestions:

1. To add a clause that will not allow you postpone a meet-up more than twice.

2. Provide a colunm to add co-host just in case (could be effective for large groups)

3. Can the meet-up edit allow for the picture to be changed.

Thank you for your kind patiencein reading through, I hope this is meaningful and can make a difference.

Kind regards

Emeka Jones 

Abuja, Nigeria
7 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Postpone a meet-up without cancelling it

Thanks for your feedback @JonesParapaso you are correct in that currently cancel is your only option.

However, as a work-around, you can send an update message to your attendees and that message could include a new date and time.

As a general statement, if I was organising a Meetup and something came up, unless that thing was very important I would continue with the Meetup because I made a commitment to other people. When the leader fails to show commitment it is unlikely the followers will trust that leader in the future.

Regards Paul

Level 7

@PaulPavlinovich ok great thank you much for the insight. I totally agree to maintain commitment as a leader. 

I have one question: So as I canceled my meet-up due to an important travel instead of sending an update to a new date, if I want to still host that meet-up, what should be the process to begin?

Sorry for responding after a while. I have gotten caught up with work/school schedules.

Kind regards.
Emeka Jones.

Level 8

It's great to have an option to change the date if necessary.

Your request has inspired me for a similar request and I will open another post.

Joseph Zhan
Level 7

@JosephZhan Thank you much. There is great knowledge to learn from other people experience, there were couple of questions I liked to ask but on searching I got my answers from many posts, I am really glad mine has inspired something similar for you. Please tag me in your post when you do create it so I can learn more.

Kind regards

Emeka Jones.

Level 8

A new thread has been opened and tagged you in the post.

Joseph Zhan
Connect Moderator

You will need to create a new Meetup @JonesParapaso to replace the one you cancelled.

Level 7

Ok then. Thanks a lot @PaulPavlinovich