cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Please, allow to remove annoying, new feature

Lately, this "Thank you" popup appears after every single map edit: 

thanks.png

It then requires an extra click to send it away just to reappear after the next edit. It's rather annoying no matter I choose to "contribute more" or "done" before the next edit. Like as if a cookie policy warning appeared every time I navigate from one page to the other one of a website. 

I do appreciate that Google tries to appreciate its users who improve the map but this should be done in a different way. Maybe more free storage (wink-wink, hint hint 🙂 or anything more useful.

6 comments
Level 9
Level 9

Re: Please, allow to remove annoying, new feature

Not only annoying, but I fear they may be misleading when it comes to marking a duplicate https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Feedback-and-Feature-Requests/Marking-Duplicates-Will-We-Now-G...

Level 10

Level 8

What a great new feature google! Keep it up! 
This is gonna definitely help me mapping efficiently! 😠

End of sarcasm.

Former Google Contributor

Noted @Csaba. We'll pass this along to the team.

Local Guides Community Program Manager
Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. Thank you.
Level 9
Level 9

@LuisRG any comment you're able to make on my thread https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Feedback-and-Feature-Requests/Marking-Duplicates-Will-We-Now-G... ?

Are we going to get email notification now on marking duplicates when they're reviewed, because I've had this pop up on some dups but no email - so either the pop up is appearing incorrectly or nobody is reviewing my dup reports

Level 10

@LuisR wrote:

Noted @Csaba. We'll pass this along to the team.

Thanks, @LuisRG. I understand that for w newbie, this may be a warm, welcoming feature. But there should be a switch (or a checkbox in the popup) to turn it off at least for the session. After all, cookies have been invented for ages and Google engineers must be smart enough to use them efficiently.