ColinUKtyke's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Plans for Updating Street View and Satellite view

I am concerned as I try to keep the information about Telford in the UK up to date. In particular I am wondering how Google plans to update developing districts such as Telford with both street views and Satellite update of areas. 

1. I was wondering if Google maintain a plan of projected updates for particular countries or areas ?

2. From one of the posting in the help pages I understand that particular institutions can borrow the equipment to update views of buildings or establishments. However I am concerned as to the scale of development in the area is beyond the limits of a few local agents plus I am now retired so not part of an appropriate organisation. In Telford the growth has been massive in terms of housing with builders developing major housing areas of hundreds of houses in areas of Dawley , Newport, Leegomery and Lawley plus local Housing Associations developing new build areas throughout the district. The town centre has a had a major Leisure district added ' Southwater' in 2014 with more development there as a second phase of develop happening now. Most of  the local Secondary schools have been redeveloped  with the majority of them been rebuilt on new sites. Added to this is major industrial development such as MOD defence fulfilment centre at Donnington and an aluminium smelting centre near the M54 and Stafford Park.  Any thoughts of what to do and how other Local Agents have tackled the issues of quickly changing and large scale projects  environment would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks for reading my concerns!New Charlton schoolNew Charlton school

Telford, United Kingdom
4 comments
Level 8

Re: Plans for Updating Street View and Satellite view

Hi @ColinUKtyke,

You can find the StreetView car schedule at this site:

https://www.google.com/streetview/understand/

Level 10

Use service Follow Your World

Find out when new imagery is available in both Google Maps and Google Earth. It's simple. Search for your location, mark the point, and submit. Each time after  update the satellite and aerial imagery in your area of interest, Google  we'll notify you.

Level 8

Many thanks for the links - seems to work fine to work fine to add notifications although I don't know how specific you have to have to be in terms of registering the area to update is it just updating a certain area around around then lat / long say a kilometre square or is is more refined than that?  Great to know how we can be so involved!

Level 8

TThanks for the information about the movements of Street Car - managed to check to the UK movement list but Telford / Shropshire does not appear to be on the list - any ideas on how to promote this onto future lists ? 

What roughly is the timing between the car visiting and the uploading of new street views. Once again many thanks !