cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Place is permanently closed or has never existed with more options

SuggestionsSuggestions

Dear Concern,

Please check the inserted image with new idea about Place is permanently closed or has never existed with  more options .

Some place may be close for few Days or Months for many reasons but not permanently and people should know that.

In the map place editing options have only  the permanent. Requesting you to add  more options that people can get exact information about the place when it can reopen.

Hope I am clear.

Thank you so much.

Mohammad

4 comments
Level 9
Level 9

Re: Place is permanently closed or has never existed with more options

An interesting idea but questions arise. When you say in your example the place is closed for 3 months and 3 days, are you saying:

a, so far it has been closed for 3 months and 3 days

or

b, it will reopen in 3 months and 3 days (from today when I write this or from when they closed?)

If it is b, and you are predicting a reopening date, then wouldn't it be better to simply say 'Temporarily closed will reopen on 10 March 2017

Of course this raises another issue, I know of restaurants which close and put a sign up in the window saying something like 'Closed for refurbishment will reopen in January', however when January comes they never reopen. Or sometimes they do reopen, but not until February. 

I do think your idea has merit in the case of seasonal businesses. Some POIs always close, let's say, from 1 November until 1 March. Or they only open from May until September. These are firm dates in their calendar. It is even more appropriate for festivals which are only open for a few days per year but stay on the map permanently

Level 8

@Pea Thanks you for reply. Of course I agree with you.

But my concern is, it should not be only one option "Place is permanently closed".

Yea we can share our ideas here and Google can take decision that peoples can get proper information.

Connect Moderator

This is a fairly common feature request (along with transient things like food trucks) and would be useful. Santa shops for example are often in the place all year but are only open October through December.

Level 8

What if we add an option "temporarily closed"?  This would be useful for say restaurants under renovations.  Sometimes the owners don't list when they will be done and reopen.