LucioV's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Photos disappeared from contributions

Hi team, as many of you knows, i constantly monitor contributes, and I have to report a loss of around 80 photos from my contributes.

I'm not talking about unpublished photos, but of uploaded photos.

Please, have a look to this issue, before will be eventually spread all local guides. Thanks!

@LuisRG

Update: while i was writing i was inserting another image, but the overall count decreased.

24 comments
Level 10

Re: Photos disappeared from contributions

How do you monitor your contributes?

Level 10

@LaurensH wrote:

How do you monitor your contributes?

Manually, each day, many times a day, on a Google Sheet 😉

Level 10

Level 8

I feel the same that sometimes my photos ghost. Also some images that i tagged to certain locations would become untagged and appear as random photos with no location!

This is particularly true for images tagged on maps from google photos. Even though they say photos from Google Photos tagged on Maps don't get deleted, often i found them missing and up till yet i do not have a clear answer if i can clear out my google photos. 

Level 10

Mainly 360 are disappearing (not unpublished or disassociated from places), 17 just since yesterday. This is awful, because I cannot say which are missing, out of 3500. Maybe some transfer task that is going in the wrong direction @VicL1

Street View Moderator

Hi @LucioV,

not sure why this is happening but I will try to get some more information about it.

Thanks for sharing it with us!

Vic

Level 10

Hi @LucioV you remember 2 weeks ago I told you my 360 Photos were disappearing. I guess it's a bug issue. After few days I found them restored back. This happened to me last week again as well and it got restored back after 2 days. @VicL1 what could be the reason why this is happening

Level 10

@HelloSamsonR wrote:

Hi @LucioV you remember 2 weeks ago I told you my 360 Photos were disappearing. I guess it's a bug issue. After few days I found them restored back. This happened to me last week again as well and it got restored back after 2 days. @VicL1 what could be the reason why this is happening

Yes.

Thanks @HelloSamsonR

Thanks @VicL1 I will keep the situation monitored (you know, you can bet on this :D) and I will update for any change, good or bad 🙂

Level 7

Hi @LucioV

I'm also facing this issue. The only difference is that my videos are missing instead of photos. But surprisingly they are still present in the locality at which I have uploaded. Don't know what to do and why they are missing from my contribution.