LucioV's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: Photos approved on maps are being discharged from maps in two-three days

i think this is a tetha related problem beacuse i took a PS with my nexus 6p in the same place at the same time and it was approved and remain approved..

maybe they change something about minumum required megapixel?

Level 10

Maybe it's a resolution issue. Or a firmware issue: i've upgraded the Theta firmware some days ago... did you?

Now i've upscaled the same panorama up to 8x4 mpixel then uploaded for the 4th time...

Let's see how long will stay in place.

Screenshot_20161228-100626.png

Level 10

Hi @LucioV@Gianluca and all, 

I have just checked and according to the image publishing guide lines, the minimum resolution is 5300 x 2650 and the Theta is supposed to record at 5376 x 2688 when you select the Largest possible size (at the bottom section): 

https://theta360.com/en/about/theta/s.html

Level 10

@petocsaba wrote:

I have just checked and according to the image publishing guide lines, the minimum resolution is 5300 x 2650 and the Theta is supposed to record at 5376 x 2688 when you select the Largest possible size (at the bottom section): 

Yes, i can confirm that my Theta S files are 5376 pixel wide. Now i've upscaled to 8K.

Level 10

The other day a fellow LG from my town asked for help.* He was trying to upload images of 13,000 x 6,500 pixels. Now they were of course too big. Maybe the Theta's image size is so close to the limit that there is indeed a glitch in the system and it is not detected correctly. 

_______

* Plus poor guy started with an extremely big and complex project and has been suffering with resizing, editing, uploading and connecting several dozen of photos. Hm. I tried to suggest him to start in small - with virtual tours of 3-4 images first

Level 8

yes, the theta is supposed to be certified but this problem is very strange...all picture reject is a big anomaly..

@petocsaba wrote:

Level 6

@LucioV 

"Rejected boat" excellent idea for photos, let's go! Ha, ha

Happy New Year Lucio !

Oh, something else: My spheres, although rejected, are going on taken some views (very few). How could it be ?

Level 10

In the time they are approved, after submission, are being viewed, and you collect some views 🙂

Level 10

Well, looks like upscaled panoramas from Theta, stay approved longer. I've upscaled to 32 Mpixel, done some noise reduction and other stuff.

Let's see how long will stay approved.

Level 10

Ops. No.

I was wrong.

Upscaled photos are rejected too, so it's not a matter of size, it affects every upload.

Too bad.