LucioV's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: Photos approved on maps are being discharged from maps in two-three days

after you imported the pic, use the button to detect faces...and then after this, upload the pic!

Level 8

@Gianluca Sure I will thanks for you support..

Level 4

Hello DeborahS,

Here a Trusted photographer. I just did a photoshoot for a client with a Ricoh Theta S, and the photos can't be find on the business' listing on Google Maps. I see that this was an issue at the beginning of the year, and Google was fixing it. Do you know if it has been fixed or is still in progress? any ETA?

It is really annoying for me and especially for my client that has paid for a job, that now their possible customers can not see.

Thank you

Level 8

I can't speak for everyone, but yes, back in January 2017, I had a lot of problems - Since mid January, everything has worked fine, and all of my missing pictures were restored.I'd assume you have a different problem. - How did you upload the pictures to Street View?  If so, can you see them in your profile?

Level 4

IDK if it's the same issue, but it has very similar symptoms.

I used the Street View app on an iOS device to upload the pictures. And yes I can still see them in there.

Here a link to one of them   

Level 8

Nice shot, but I don't have a good (helpful) answer for you. I usually use Googles Photos app on Android to upload my pictures and can watch the progress for Photos. - Sit back a while, usually someone with more knowledge will see this and post a better answer. I usually find it takes 24 hrs before I get a good selection of responses.

Level 4

Thank you JosephC 

I was surprise in the negative side with the quality of the pictures of the Ricoh Theta S, I was expecting way more since is one of the cameras that Google recommends. I get way more quality just using my phone, the only problem is the stitching that with the Ricoh camera is unbeatable.

Thanks again

Level 8

I picked up an LG360 as a test, not expecting much, but I am quiet surprised at how well and how easily they work. . - I doubt that either the Ricoh or the LG are as good as a full fledged DSLR - BUT - They seem to be more then good enough for the average user to get a good feel of what the inside of a place is like and none of my customers have had any complaints.

.I don't personally think it's worth the trouble to stitch stuff from a DSLR together. Traditionally new cameras are released for sale twice a year. 1st for the Christmas/Hanukkah season 
and 2nd for the Passover/Easter season. If new and improved cameras don't come out in early April, I'd assume we will see new stuff in early December.  - But this is off subject for the current thread.

Level 4

I totally agree with you.

Wise man, wise words

Level 8

When is this issue going to be fixed? I have several tours that are rejected and even the new ones I add do the same thing.  Thanks.

Bill Crouch
Google Trusted Photographer