Featurebox's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Photos and New Place

When I enter a new place I immediately get a message saying that I earned +15 points.

But these points don't take the photos into account that were also included.

Is the submitter of a new place also awarded points for the photos that were included in the newly created place? And if so, when?

David De Backere
5 comments
Level 9

Re: Photos and New Place

I find that the desktop tracking of points has a significant lag to it if that is what you mean. Are you in the contribute app?  The volume of pictures I shot some days desktop can get way behind. It seems that as long as I am logged in on the computer or cell phone it counts them. If I do a search in google for a location then add a picture on the results page that way or even a review from a search it shows up in the total. 

Level 9

Hello @Featurebox 

You will get 15 points to add every new place and 5 points to upload each Photo. So if you add a new place and upload one photo you will get 20 points (15+5). Please the new point system

Contribution Points.png

for more details please visit: https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/News-Updates/Announcing-new-levels-amp-ways-to-help-your-commu...

Level 8

Dear Abdullah,

I am not uploading photos, I am submitting a new place that includes photos.

According the notification I get I am only awarded 15 points, regardless of the number of photos that were included when entering the new place.

David De Backere
Level 9

So to rephrase it you are doing both discovering a new place and uploading photos of that place. I would assume you would have to watch and see if you get it published. When it is published I would assume you would get the points that would go with the pictures you also uploaded at the time you created the new entry. So they would not give credit till it is in fact published does make sense.   Maybee one of the moderators can confirm if this, in fact, is the way points are awarded.

Level 8

Dear David,

yes, you got my point.

I can try to find out myself, but that takes time, time during which I cannot submit other places or photos.

And I think on the app the points for the new place are awarded immediately.

Moreover, as already mentioned, immediately after creating a place (on the app), you get to see a message on the screen saying that you have earned +15 point cause of creating a place,

ignoring the fact that you have also added photos.

I had posted the question in the assumption that people would already have thought about this and found out the answer.

David De Backere