RexJones's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 3

Photos Not Getting Counted for Points

For some reason, I have a whole bunch of photos that have been uploaded and are getting views, but they aren't getting counted towards my Local Guides points. Any ideas as to why?

You can see clearly that I have 52 photos submitted to Google MapsYou can see clearly that I have 52 photos submitted to Google MapsBut only 3 of them are showing up under google local guide points.But only 3 of them are showing up under google local guide points.

Utah, United States
7 comments
Level 10

Re: Photos Not Getting Counted for Points

Hi @RexJones you need to ensure these photos are really published on maps. So you should open your contrib tab (just copy the link of a published photo) in incognito window, and see if the photos are present.

Level 3

Well, I just tried that on ten random shots, and they all showed up. So that's good!

But now I'm just a bit more confused as to why they're not getting counted.

Level 9

Hi @RexJones

I think I know what the problem is as I noticed the same.

Please check if you have the four new badges in your google local guide profile. They should be beneath your level.

Click on them and see how many pictures you uploaded. They should be shown here.

For some reason the badges are not synchronised accordingly. I have the same problem with edits. They are shown in my badges, but not in the overview.

I hope this helps.

If not, maybe you can try to contact a google moderator?
Best,

Maria

I ❤️ being a local guide! My contributions
My Connect Profile
Level 10

You can simply compare your contributions photo count and the same in incognito window; if the second number is lower than the first (and this is more likely) this is the difference in expected points.

Level 3

Thanks @LucioV, I just did that, and I see what you're talking about. You were correct, only three show up in my incognito window. So...any ideas on how to get the rest of my posted photos to get counted?

And @MiaMaria, I'll be honest, maybe I'm an idiot but I can't find the section that you are talking about, to check those numbers. Is that something I do from the actual Google Maps? Or something else entirely?

Level 9

@RexJones

I'm talking about maps on your phone.

If you open the app, go to "my contributions" you should see your level, your points and beneath that should be 5 round badges. If you click on them you should also have an overview of what you posted.

I ❤️ being a local guide! My contributions
My Connect Profile
Level 10

@RexJones wrote:

Thanks @LucioV, I just did that, and I see what you're talking about. You were correct, only three show up in my incognito window. So...any ideas on how to get the rest of my posted photos to get counted?

Sorry, reasons could be many. I have 8261 published photo today, and if I see in incognito I can see 6901, but for points 8199 are counted.... so, there is a lot of unknown around these numbers!

Just ensure that your photos follow guidelines: https://support.google.com/contributionpolicy/answer/7400114?hl=en&ref_topic=7422769