Did you mean: 
Level 6

Photo views

How do I get more photo views

Dallas, TX, United States
3 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Photo views

Hi @Outlaw542. A Warm Welcome to Connect, the Official Community of Google Local Guides.

Photo view depend of many different reasons. Generally speaking we can say that high quality photos are promoted on the top position, so can be viewed more time. But of course this also depends of the number of searches in Maps of a place. of course, places with more visitors in Internet can give you more visualizations. Let say that I am very proud of some of my photos of small business, even if with a small number of visualization.

As this is your first post in here, I take the opportunity to give you some information:

• Need Help: The help area give you a lot of solutions if you need to "know how to ...."
    • Explore the Forum menu, to see what the various sections are about. You will find many interesting parts regarding, for example, meet-up, or photographic technique.
    • Give to the post a descriptive title

As an extra tips, i would suggest you to Search the community before posting as the same subject can be already being discussed.

Welcome again, I hope to see you soon 🙂

Ermes

Level 10

Hi @Outlaw542, welcome to connect!

If you want more views in your photos, you should upload pics of places that are well-known, for example because of tourism. Or maybe a big supermarket or park will also be helpful.

Another point to take into account is the quality of the pictures. Higher quality = more views! Google's algorythms automatically chooses higher quality pictures to appear first on locations.

Good luck!

Argentina | Follow me on Maps! | IG
Level 8

I have 18.2 million photo views now. Photos with symmetry showing the interior of an establishment get the most views and are more likely to become the featured photo for a business. Wait until no one is in a shot, take a photo of a line of tables or chairs or an aisle. These will get more views than any food photo. Trust me.