hb_sanusi's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Photo on adding a new place.

I added a place to Google Maps with a Photo. The status of the added place is "Not Applied" meaning no one can view it and the Photo already has 7 views.

Does this mean I viewed it 7 times or how did someone else view it if it's not yet been added to the maps?

3 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 8
Solution

Re: Photo on adding a new place.

From my personaly experience, Photos added during a Place creation is:

1.  Added to a "Parent Place" while the Place creation is pending review

- you can look up your photo from the Photos tab in your Contributions page, and you can find out the current Place that your photos is associated with.

- a "Parent Place", can mean a District where the new place is located within.

2.  Once the Place creation is approved, the photo will be correctly associated with the new place automatically.

Thus it is still possible for a photos of a new place pending approval to gain views.

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator

Your place is not approved but your photo is successfully uploaded in Google maps @hb_sanusi 

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 9

@hb_sanusi

To see photos you have shared on Maps :

Open Maps app :

- Tap Menu (Top Left of your screen)Menu

2. Click on Your contributions >> PHOTOS

You should considere a short period before to see your photos.

If you use Google Photos to share, all your Photos will appear on Maps even you do not see them all.

Last do not forget to visit Google Help Center - Add, remove, or share photos and videos

My MapsIWe're the World, We're the Local Guides!
Level 8
Solution

From my personaly experience, Photos added during a Place creation is:

1.  Added to a "Parent Place" while the Place creation is pending review

- you can look up your photo from the Photos tab in your Contributions page, and you can find out the current Place that your photos is associated with.

- a "Parent Place", can mean a District where the new place is located within.

2.  Once the Place creation is approved, the photo will be correctly associated with the new place automatically.

Thus it is still possible for a photos of a new place pending approval to gain views.