Briggs's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Photo Contribution Stolen on Google Maps

Interesting. The exact same thing happened to me with this  original photograph of mine. Again, my original has been replaced by this wrongly attributed low-quality photo.

I notice that your own photo is still visible and being claimed by 'Golden Lotus Vegan' in August 2018.

How many other of our photos on Google Maps have been stolen without our being aware of it?

Anonymous
Not applicable

To tie things together, I found this earlier thread's describing the same sort of theft. 

Level 10

Here is my monthly return to check whether anything has occurred to the Google Maps user in question. Clearly she still exists and is sourcing photos from other people and uploading them to Google Maps as her own. Let it be assured that she has not been in New York at all and the majority of her own uploads (in NSW) are a stark contrast to the professional quality taken elsewhere.

I no longer care about my own ownership of intellectual property since I am just a lowly disinterested user, but I do care about the photos this user is taking from elsewhere. She must be dealt with, and they must be removed. If you will not assist me in any way, shape or form, I will involve the associated parties with the photos sourced from them beginning next month.

Ashley Hughes is a thief. And she will be dealt with.

Level 10

I decided to come back after two months of waiting for action on this user. While she's making small basic reviews around New South Wales, Australia her photo contributions show otherwise contributions all around the world.

I have been looking far and wide and perhaps way too deep into this user's posts and I think it's just about time that I just give it up already.

• If you look at her reviews tab, you'll see basic worded sentences with photos you'd believe that she would take from a basic mobile camera.
  • In stark comparison in her photos tab, there are professional photos taken of various places, especially of hotels and restaurants throughout Sydney, London, USA and parts of Europe. I have went through an enormous amount of effort to prove that these were pulled from third-party sources but the only action taken was to strip her of Local Guide status.
  • My photo from Golden Lotus Vegan still resides under her ownership, although it's been decoupled from the listing itself now.

Just like many other things, factors and occurrences in the world, it's not healthy to dwell on just one thing for extended periods of time. And after months of being away from Google, it's about time I harnessed the two years I've contributed to this network and laying to rest something petty as Ashley who probably only wants to make listings have nice pictures on Google Maps, albeit unintentionally.

Level 2

I agree with you!