RichardH's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Perks for Level 7+ Local Guides: Google Play Music, YouTube Red, etc.

I recently got an email from Google Local Guides that offered "A Shopping Perk for Local Guides," which was a 20% discount for anything I order from ASOS.

While I truly appreciate perks for my Level 7 Local Guide level, I would much rather be offered free access to Google Play Music or YouTube Red. This would only make sense because the company is still Google, and the discount would be in-house. It would be more like a trade-off for the work I've done as a Local Guide.

Just a thought!

Thanks, Richard Howard

Atlanta, GA, United States
9 comments
Level 8

Re: Perks for Level 7+ Local Guides: Google Play Music, YouTube Red, etc.

Hi @RichardH congrats on receiving your rewards 🙂 but trust me my friend google just encourages people by giving Perks for their work, though it's play music and YouTube red is a Google product end of the day it's business  :).

Try to be worried why do you think small ? Perks and  benefits are just a part contributing and helping people is costliest thing which a Google is offering us.

Based on your reviews and added places people uses this for their use to find what they are searching through people are using Google maps which is Google product but but people like us are the reasons for it.

My friend always use to say be happy with what you have and what you get cos people mind always looks for better.

Happy Guiding 

Happy Guiding,
Jagadeesh Reddy.
Former Google Contributor

Hey @RichardH, thanks for taking time to share your thoughts! We offered a limited time Google Play perk for L4+ Local Guides earlier this year (perk has now ended), did you manage to enjoy it? Regardless, I am passing this feedback along to the team and hope to offer something that serves you better in the future. 🙂

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

Level 7

It would be so awesome if we at least lvl 7 and up would’ve be able to get YouTube Red for no fee. Thanks 

Level 7

That was great no doubt - I also used my perk to get a discount on GooglePlay. However, it would be great if Google Guides once a month got a free movie of their choosing on Google Play - just one per month. It's great to contribute and help others around the globe and web. It's also great to get recognized with more than a virtual badge for the time and effort spent 🙂

Level 7

That was great no doubt - I also used my perk to get a discount on GooglePlay. However, it would be great if Google Guides once a month got a free movie of their choosing on Google Play - just one per month. It's great to contribute and help others around the globe and web. It's also great to get recognized with more than a virtual badge for the time and effort spent 🙂

Level 7

Totally agree with you. 

It would encourage us to do even better if we get perks like, free access to youtube music or additional google drive data

Anonymous
Not applicable

He is allowed to voice his opinion, and I believe he is absolutely right. Google could offer in house products that cost next to nothing. Do you know how much work you have to put in to reach level 7? Yes this information benefits the people but it also benefits the company, greatly, but the traffic it generates concerning this information. He wasn't asking for a cheque, he was suggesting something very reasonable. I have some advice for you but...

Level 7

Yeah  i think our time devoted to making Google a better place of guidance  should be rewarded. I've got nothing and I'm level 7.in everyday life time is money obviously google doesn't think ours is worth anything .free labour 

Level 6

I agree. It's a lot of work getting to Level 7. Throw us a movie once in a while!