MikelMagnusson's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Re: Pending Maps Edits

Thanks for your help with the hours, change and for explaining why the website was not allowed, I did not know that rule. I was puzzled by that, as I had checked the link 3 times before submitting it, but it makes sense as you explained it. Again thanks for you help, support, and effort

Level 6

I give up  - this level 6 guide quits.

I have deleted all my reviews and photos except for a few companies owned by friends.

It used to be fun, but waiting weeks for trivial changes to be done isn't.

Level 10

Have your edits been attended to?  I am having the same issue!

Level 6

Yes my edits were attended too. Took about a month for hours change.The new places only took a couple of days. It also has to do with how much verification they have to do. If you are new to posting edits. It will probably take longer.

Level 7

@MikelMagnusson wrote:

My additions are not being reviewed and are stuck as pending or not applied. I don't know why and am tired of waiting.

If you are not going to review my edits in a timely fashion then I will quit being guide.

Level 6

Tired of waiting - I quit.

Level 6

I quit !

Level 7

To quit Local Guides, go to this page,

https://maps.google.com/localguides/home/settings

then scroll to the box "Exit the program" at the bottom of the page and click the button "Exit program"

Level 3

I have the same problem -- It takes forever to have my changes accepted.  Here's one I can't understand:  for our new development (59 homes), we have 5 streets that had no names, but were just assigned names by the City of Stamford.  I submitted the names of all 5 streets a few weeks ago.  After about 3 weeks, two were accepted (such as River Oaks Drive in Stamford, CT) and appeared on Google Maps.  About a week later, a third went in.  But here we are -- a couple of weeks later still -- and the final two are apparently still pending.  If the algorithmic approach to "rapid" acceptance is working, or reviews are done in a timely fashion, shouldn't all five have been accepted quickly?

It took only one day until all 5 street names appeared on Waze after submission.  Yes, Waze, a Google subsidiary!  Moreover, it was easy to place house numbers on all 59 homes in the community, and they appeared the next day in Waze.  See attached photo.Waze House Numbers.jpg

Chalk it up to stupidity on my part, but I haven't even figured out how to add these house numbers (or at least propose them) on Google Maps.

Level 8

This is happening me too

Arman Alam