Aloknath's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Option for updating Live Situations and Emergencies on Google Maps

Hello @Corrie  , @TraciC@YanniY

Many times there will be some REPAIR work going on the roads which leads to huge traffic because of it ! There  are other multiple reasons like :

•   Some promotion is happening and a huge crowd is gathered !
  •   Celebrity has come for shop opening , again huge crowd is gathered to see them .
  •   Fire accident in some building , leading to traffic .
  •   Constructions or road digging is happening .
  •   Any many more reasons depending on their particular places ...

I have considered all the above situations based on where i live BANGALORE , INDIA .

NEW FEATURE to be added in Google Maps to overcome this :

• Give some AUTHORIZED GOVERNMENT PEOPLE an option to update their working schedules on Maps , So that people can avoid those roads and save some time !
  • Give Fire Department an option to update any  particular situation , " THIS not only helps people , but also HELPS them in doing their work in a SAFER way" .
  • Be very HELPFUL IN THESE SITUATIONS , like delivering a LIVE HEART :  transported a live heart
  • one more article : heart transported by road
  • Provide an option for TRAFFIC POLICE and AMBULANCE DRIVERS as well !!

These may not overcome Traffic issue Completely , But will definitely HELP IN EMERGENCY situations like i have mentioned and will help in reducing traffic to some extent ! 

This will be very useful in DEVELOPING countries like INDIA .

Hope you find this useful and pass this idea to your Development Team .

Thank you

MyLGsummit17          MyContributions

8 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Option for updating Live Situations and Emergencies on Google Maps

Hi @Aloknath Thanks for sharing this feedback with us. You have raised some good points and we have shared this feedback with our team.

Level 8

Good points! I think some data can be taken from the live traffic and can be updated like, if traffic is very slow in anyplace or the map may suggest to re-route (I've seen some other apps doing this)

Level 9

@YanniY  Thank you

Level 9

@Arif Hossaini    Thank you , Google maps has this feature of  suggesting  you to Re-route depending on the traffic !

Level 10

Nice points!

We have some ways for help in these situation, but more tools could be useful: this is an example, i made a main edit when a bridge collapsed in Atlanta, on Piedmont Rd, helping all the traffic avoid I-85.

Thanks!

Level 8

A lot of the live traffic information will be sourced from Waze users and from local traffic/police agencies (where available).

I have not been keen to run Waze and Maps at the same time to reduce data usage and load on phone (and not a fan of the waze interface) so having something built into Maps would be great - preferably Auto friendly with big buttons to use in Navigation, or even a voice note/command to enable handsfree edits. 

nicgibson.com
Level 9

@LucioV   Thank you and Good job , our presence on mind is very important during such situations !

Level 10

@Alokn wrote:

@LucioV   Thank you and Good job , our presence on mind is very important during such situations !

My pleasure, i do what i can 😉