cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Opening hours bug?!?

Hi there,

I have a problem. 

When I'm adding the opening hours of a place and I want to add a photo instead of writing mannually the app doesn't let me to choose from a photo that I have already on my photo album, it only allows me to take a picture.

That's bad because I do a lot of "home work"!

Does this happen to anyone else? Or is it just me and my lausy phone!!? 😂🤣

Is there a solution for this problem?

Thanks

Gonçalo Maggessi

Gonçalo Maggessi | Local Guide Level 9 | ​Certified ​Pro ​Viz Trio​ ​​Operator | Local Guide from Lisboa, Portugal
Lisboa, Portugal
3 comments
Level 7

Re: Opening hours bug?!?

I am facing the same problem! 😞

Level 9

Hi @GoncaloMaggessi @sidraiz,

For opening hours currently selecting photos from your gallery is not available. 

It is a good feature request.

For more information I can tag @BruceDM here. 

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Former Google Contributor

Thanks @GoncaloMaggessi - While it would be nice to upload a photo of hours of operation rather than have to type the times out manually, one potential issue I see is that it opens the door to having another place for poor data on Google Maps as it relates to potentially spammy photos that would be completely unrelated to hours of operations.  As you are probably aware, we already have tons of photos on Google Maps of spammy nature that are completely unrelated to the location!  A photo of hours of operation could just as easily be added to the photos gallery for the location and you will still receive points for it all the same.

In any event, I have passed your feedback to the review teams and many thanks for the suggestion!

I am not available to respond on the weekend